Smart Stay(Kumbalam)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake facingfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantbackwater viewnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurant
Reviewed 8 March 2016

We had a wonderful time at the Ramada over two two-night stays. Friendly staff, beautiful facilities (the pool has to be seen to be believed), excellent food and a wonderful location with views over a lake fished 24 hours a day by locals in motorised canoes. Perhaps a few too many rules in the public areas, but otherwise perfect.

Room Tip: Lake-view cottages are best
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeteCarlton
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Mr. Carlton,

I thank you for taking your valuable time out to write a fantastic review about our resort.

Our team is delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We hope to see you again here soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

The resort entrance is not impressive .
The cottage room has nice view but the interior and furnishing is old and poorly maintained.
Mosquitos spoil your stay. Complained to housekeeping but no help.
The restaurants food is average.
The Spa is good but the gym was poorly kept with dust coverings and look like Noone goes there.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank eregards

Namaskaram !

I thank you for taking your time to write a review.

I apologise if your stay has been less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your observation about the interior of rooms. All rooms are provided with mosquito repellant and it is advisable to keep the balcony doors shut in the evening. I have also made a note of your observation about the upkeep of the Gym. Rest assured these have already been addressed.

We hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

The staff made us feel very welcome from the moment we checked in. Restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful. The lake view cottages were lovely rooms with amazing views and pool access, and nothing to fault.

Food and spa treatments are very overpriced compared to going outside. The charges would be normal in Europe/USA but you can find the same quality for a fraction of the price in Fort Kochin or MG Road if you're out anyway.

The only issues we had were in the Mexican restaurant as the service was very slow, and the menu was not very customisable for our dietary needs (no onion and garlic). We also found hair in various meals throughout our stay which was replaced when noticed but not a nice thing. No acknowledgement or apologies were given but it would have been difficult given that not all staff were strong in English.

Room Tip: Go for a lake view cottage, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Namaskaram !

I thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review about the resort.

I apologise if your experience has been less than satisfactory.
The restaurant and Spa prices are priced actually lower than the similar 5 star hotels, though I do agree that it is definitely higher than stand alone Spa and restaurants. The quality, hygiene and safety is guarenteed in hotels like us, while you will be not assured in a stand alone Spa or restaurant.

I have spoken to the Executive chef about no onion , garlic options in the Mexicana. I also have taken up the issue of hair very seriously with him.

We hope to see you back again here sometime.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

A pleasant and comfortable place with all possible amenities one would need. Far away from the airport though and the ride through the bustling city may take up to one and a half hours.

I tried the kayaking and ayurvedic spa at the resort while both were good but undeniably expensive. Huge difference between the price quoted and finally what you pay inclusive of taxes. All in all a great experience if you are ready to fork out money.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Dear Varun,

Namaskaram !

I apologise if the staff at Ayurveda and Activity desk didnt give you amount inclusive of taxes as is our practice. I have spoken to the dept heads and will ensure only the final price is quoted.

We hope to see you back again at the resort.

Reagards,

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed in a lakeside view room for 3 days in this pleasant resort. Service was good and food in limited restaurant choice was good.

However, a few reservations :

- it is isolated, being about a 30 minute drive from Kochi centre or 1 hour from the airport. Not near shops etc

- across the lake but quite near, seems to be a religious centre which broadcasts chants, drums, gongs from 5am and most of the day

- beware the low bed base which protrudes well beyond the mattress: broke my toe on it

- a skyscraper is being built across the lake in full view - a local planning disaster

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sussextourists
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Namskaram !

I thank you for taking your valuable time out to write a review about our resort.

Our resort is just 9 kms from the city centre. The charm of the resort is it is away from the hustle and bustle , yet close enough to the city.

There is a temple and a church across the lake and the chants do sometimes come across.

I will look into the issue of the protruding bed base and will rectify it.