All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake viewfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurantbackwaters
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Ramada resort is a fantastic resort in Cochin. It is located in a beautiful location in the city. It has great ambiance and a fantastic Hospitality. I would like to visit that again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I will pass this on to the team. We look forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

As a business traveler I like the location of Ramada resort as it is a very quiet place. But for tourists it might be a bit far a way for sightseeing tours.
I already stayed 3 times in Ramada and will be back again in October 2011. The service always was very professional, but it always takes a long time to check-in, even when I am the only arriving guest.
The first time I had a standard room, which I didn’t like at all. So the next two times I have chosen a lake facing cottage, which of course is much more expensive, but is very comfortable. I especially like the modern design, the large size of the room and of course the balcony overlooking the pool and the lake. Internet connection is available for no extra price and it’s working fine with an acceptable speed.
The food is not what I expect from an Indian restaurant. Even for me as European the meals were not spicy enough. There are much better restaurants in city center (try Grand hotel!).
During weekends there are often wedding parties or other events, which makes it impossible to sleep before 1 am, because of the load Bollywood music and noisy discussions in front of bungalow.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I will pass on this to the entire team. I have made a note of your comments on check in and Indian food and will look into this.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

After being delayed by the traffic on the Pallakad - Thrisur route for 4 hours we (indluding my 1 yr old baby) were so happy to set foot in the beautiful hotel. The Hotel Staff were very friendly. We were all set after a good massage at the ayurvedic spa. They have a nice pool.The food was excellent but expensive also the choices were limited. The buffet did not have any traditional kerala cuisine and also the spread was not all that great. I think it could have been better for the kind of money they charge. But my hubby and I loved the fish curry and the kari meen fry.

Room Tip: Opt for the cottages
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I have made a note of your comment regarding the buffet and to have kerala cuisine.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Very nice swimming pool, beautiful hotel but very far from everything. I didn't like the food, very disappointing I was expecting much more of the food in Kerala. Nice and clean room.

My main complain is that everyday we hired a car from the hotel to visit different places in cochin, one of those days when we asked to the driver to take us back to the hotel because we were very tired and with a tired 14 months old baby, the driver passed by the hotel (we didn't realize in that moment) and drove about ten minutes to a gas station, he put fuel and then drove back to the hotel at least other ten minutes, so we could arrived to the hotel 30 minutes earlier but we didn't because the driver took us for fuel, and then the hotel was charging us that time and kilometers. When we complained the staff was not very supportive, we had to confront the driver who did not understand a word in English and it took a lot of our time and energy to make this complaint, and we were not satisfied with the service at that moment.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Helena45701

You have mentioned that you have stayed in August 2010. I regret that you had a bad time with the taxi service. I aplogise for that. I would like to inform you that now we have our own fleet of cars which are chaufaured by professionally ttrained people.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Party was well organized. Thanks to Mr Ramu Butler and staff. Food was great and Mr Ramu allowed to extend the function even after allowed time since the road was all busy and heavy traffic due to onam celebrations.
I recommend this is as an ideal place for relaxing and also for conducting any functions away from the city with a nice lake view. Ideal for honeymoon couples.
Also try steak, there are only very few restaurants serving authentic stakes in Kerala. . Try t. o meet Mr Ramu Butler if you have time. very professional and jovial person.
Mr Ramu Butler, thanks once again. will meet you again soon. Ramada is the best in Cochin,

Room Tip: get the room facing swimming pool and lake.t
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for a faboulous reveiw. Your compliments have been passed on to Chef Ramu and his team