Hampton Inn Carrollton
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Fairway Inn(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areafitness roomgreat place to stayhotel is cleanindoor poolnice surprisehotel stayup to datefast food restaurantscomfortable bedsstaff was friendlygood nights sleeplobbyinterstatebrittanyflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I must commend the breakfast room woman. She really goes the extra mile for the customers. I always sleep better in a Hampton. The beds are great.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed here traveling home and stopped overnight due to its convenience along The interstate. The hotel is "older" and the couch was stained, the ceiling had water leak marks, and the shower had hair in it. I did not receive my Diamond Benefits when I stayed in the hotel, but I didn't mention it. The bed was comfy and seemed clean (I checked it before I crawled in though). The hotel front desk staff was extremely nice and the parking lot was well lit with Ample parking for this 60 room hotel. Not much for eateries in the area unless fast food is your thing. They had a Burger King, Arby's, and Taco bell within walking distance. The breakfast in the morning was yummy. Biscuits with Sausage gravy and scrambled eggs and waffles; and the coffee was hot! I would stay at this hotel again, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Oh, and the rates are very fair. I paid 75 bucks on a Thursday night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Front desk clerk rude. Room had a pair of shoes in it, not mine. Makes you wonder how well the room was cleaned. Room dated and not weel maintained. TV had many problems. Only took one apple from breakfast bar and it was rotton. I wonder about the rest of the food. Hampton Inn usually is my preferred hotel chain, but this one falls way short of the standard Hampton Inn. There is a Holiday Inn express next door. I will be trying that next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Had business in that part of Kentucky. Staff was nice and acknowledged my gold membership status with small perks. Furnishings were older and ventilation system was the old unit type. Bathroom sink had many cracks in it, but room was clean. Difficult to find a good sleeping temperature that didn't turn on and off. Newer flat screen TV that worked in the evening. In morning, I turned it in and only got sound. Told them when I checked out and they indicated it had to be unplugged and replugged (as if that was just the way it was). Breakfast was fine--typical Hampton Inn fare. Only fast food restaurants nearby. Also no fitness room in hotel--they told me that had privileges at some gym.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed at this Hampton Inn becuase it is about half between the CVG airport and Louisville. I was in Kentucky for the Breeders' Cup at Churchill Downs from Nov. 3 - 7.

Hampton Inn is always my first choice in hotels. I've yet to have a bad experience at one and my stay in Carrolton was no different. There were a few small issues but nothing that would keep me from returning to this location or any other Hampton Inn.

The first thing I noticed when I entered the lobby was the lovely fragrance from a scented candle. This gave the lobby a nice warm welcoming feel.

My room was clean, safe and secure. The room did seem a touch smaller then others I've been in, but that could just be my imagination. As a solo traveller it didn't make any difference.

My room had a working heater/AC. It's cold in KY in November so a good working heater was a plus. I also had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in my room. As a returning Hampton Inn customer I found a welcome back note, a bottle of water, and a Milky Way bar in my room. I thought this was very cute and a nice touch.

The water pressure in the shower was very good. But it seemed to take a while for the water to warm up.

The hotel puts out a complementary breakfast starting at 5:00 a.m. They have coffee, juice and fresh fruit (bananas, apples) available at all hours.

My biggest complaint would be that the front desk help was hit & miss. When I arrived to check-in there was no one at the desk. I had to make some noise before someone appeared from a back office to help me. I will say however that most everyone I dealt with at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

On Saturday night I went down to the lobby to use the hotels computer and printer. I wanted to check-in for my flight and print my boarding documents. The interent did not seem to be working. I went to the desk to ask about it. I stood there for a good 5 minutes or so before a young girl came out of a back office. She had been too busy taking care of her child in a back office to know I was at the desk. I asked her about the computer/internet and she gave me an answer that made no sense.

There are plenty of fast food options nearby. Burger King, McDonald's, Arby's and Taco Bell are all within walking distance of the hotel. Waffle House and Subway are just a short car ride away,

Overall my stay at the Hampton Inn Carrolton was pleasant. It was pretty typical of all my stays at a Hampton Inn. If I ever return to the Louisville area I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo