“Will stay here again when in area (Typ previous-generation Hmptn)”

Hampton Inn Carrollton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Will stay here again when in area (Typ previous-generation Hmptn)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stay with confidence as long as you are only expecting what the typical Hampton Inn brand delivers: (Room203 had) their great "cloud9" bed/duvet, lcd tv (with HDMI inputs for phone), small frig, mic oven, etc. Away from road, quiet (faced back, forest). Room floors ready for upgrade, but not worn. Have to swipe room card keys opposite the arrow. LOADS of cheap restaurants around the immediate area. [Ate good lunch at "El Nopal" (mexican - 2529 Kentucky 227) 1/4-mile towards town - local took me there.] Better than average breakfast was good - had oatmeal. Room heat/ac unit old fashioned, but worked well & able to control constant fan for good sleep. Notable: the bathroom toiletries I've ever seen at a Hamp...about 7 bottles. Even hand sanitizer. Large seating area in lobby. Good value.

Room Tip: Choose floor 2 or 3 for window/room privacy. Elevator fast enough.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I must commend the breakfast room woman. She really goes the extra mile for the customers. I always sleep better in a Hampton. The beds are great.

• Stayed July 2011
Cadiz, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed here traveling home and stopped overnight due to its convenience along The interstate. The hotel is "older" and the couch was stained, the ceiling had water leak marks, and the shower had hair in it. I did not receive my Diamond Benefits when I stayed in the hotel, but I didn't mention it. The bed was comfy and seemed clean (I checked it before I crawled in though). The hotel front desk staff was extremely nice and the parking lot was well lit with Ample parking for this 60 room hotel. Not much for eateries in the area unless fast food is your thing. They had a Burger King, Arby's, and Taco bell within walking distance. The breakfast in the morning was yummy. Biscuits with Sausage gravy and scrambled eggs and waffles; and the coffee was hot! I would stay at this hotel again, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Oh, and the rates are very fair. I paid 75 bucks on a Thursday night.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Perrysburg, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

Front desk clerk rude. Room had a pair of shoes in it, not mine. Makes you wonder how well the room was cleaned. Room dated and not weel maintained. TV had many problems. Only took one apple from breakfast bar and it was rotton. I wonder about the rest of the food. Hampton Inn usually is my preferred hotel chain, but this one falls way short of the standard Hampton Inn. There is a Holiday Inn express next door. I will be trying that next time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

Had business in that part of Kentucky. Staff was nice and acknowledged my gold membership status with small perks. Furnishings were older and ventilation system was the old unit type. Bathroom sink had many cracks in it, but room was clean. Difficult to find a good sleeping temperature that didn't turn on and off. Newer flat screen TV that worked in the evening. In morning, I turned it in and only got sound. Told them when I checked out and they indicated it had to be unplugged and replugged (as if that was just the way it was). Breakfast was fine--typical Hampton Inn fare. Only fast food restaurants nearby. Also no fitness room in hotel--they told me that had privileges at some gym.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
0.1 km away
Hillside Inn
#3 of 7 in Madison
3.2 km away
General Butler State Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Carrollton? Share your experiences!