“Clean, Pleasant Staff and Very Affordable”
Review of Super 8 Carrollton

Super 8 Carrollton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We regularly stay here on the 4th of July weekend due to motels being impossible to obtain across the bridge in Madison, IN for Regatta weekend. The rooms are clean! The staff is social and helpful in finding supplies and/or restaurants. The restaurants in the immediate area around the motel are all "fast food". In ten or more stays at this site we have not had any problems or issues and they also except late check-ins. They offer a hot and cold continental breakfast for folks like us who are on a tight time schedule as well as a budget. Close to the Interstate but set far enough of the road that it is very quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Book early if possible. Tell your reservationist what your needs are and in the ten or more time we...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This was the last place we stayed on our road trip. We got here at 1am and just passed out. The food in the morning was great! We had a small issue with the air conditioner having a burning smell, but it went away fast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I first called this motel because it was listed on my Kinergy Corp discounts . To get the discounts I had to use a reservation number provided . When I called that number I was told this motel showed no availability but when the associate connected me directly to the front desk they said they did have rooms . However , making a direct reservation denied me the discount .
On arrival , I found they had lied about having tractor trailer parking . They told me to park at Burger King . I then asked if they accepted the Corporate Lodging Consultant card which would have given me a rate below the published rate . They said they didn't . Another lie . I was just at the CLC website and saw member rates at this motel for the past week including the day of my stay . The Best Western next to this motel does accept the CLC cards but had no smoking rooms available . After staying at the Super 8 my wife said we should have stayed at a smoking room in the Best Western . With three better , cleaner hotels in adjoining lots it would be insane to stay at Super 8 .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

On our way down to the gulf of Mexico, we found the Super 8 to be very clean, well lit, and close to restaurants. This motel is pet friendly and close to the interestate. A very easy off and on, if you are looking for that quick overnight stop.

Room Tip: Try closer to the front desk for ease of moving your luggage into and out.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I am VERY picky when it comes to clean - this is the first hotel I've stayed in that has meant my expectations. Room was comfortable and good value for the price. I read the other reviews and cannot agree with them. The breakfast included hot waffles, cereal, muffins, sweet roll, coffee, juice. It is a pet friendly hotel and I did find myself ready to let my dog out when I heard a woof before I realized it wasn't mine but it was one woof and that is to be expected. I am a light sleeper and did not notice any excess noise. The night desk clerk was friendly, offered suggestions for dining, and rapidly checked me in. The gentleman in the morning (I believe owner perhaps) was also very friendly, took a letter to mail for me, and checked me out with no waiting. I would definitely return to this hotel and be certain my friends traveling in that area are aware of it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends