All reviewssiamese carpfishred tailthai foodday ticketworld classdifferent speciesbucket listspecial thanksair conelephant trekkingfantastic holidayanglers paradisemy other halfamazing placeao nangcooking school
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Just returned from 2 wks here with my fishing mad partner personally fishing aint my thing but have to say ive really enjoyed my time here the views are stunning the bungalows are modern & clean beds changed every other day & towels daily also has great air conditioning & a kettle i spent my time lazing round the pools all staff are friendly see Becky for all your enquiries she booked our trips out for us we went elephant trekking & to james bond island both well worth the trip & not as expensive as you may think food in the restaurant was good i went to the spa & had a massage which was great the only downside if there is 1 is that your isolated here there are no local shops/bars at all the nearest town/beach is Ao Nang bout half hr away cost around 1200 baht around £25 for return trip used gillhams taxi service nothing was too much trouble you can choose to pay your resaurant bill at the end of your stay if you wish in sterling or baht id never flown long haul before but would do it again to return here ps if your blokes fishing the full days fishing are 13 hrs long so bring something to entertain you if your easily bored & bring a head torch as its very dark for the last hrs fishing bring your mozzy repelant its very hot at the min in the 90's so at least ive got a great tan hope this helps

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Just had a 2 week stay and what a fantastic place this is. The bungalow accommodation was great with stunning view of the lake and surrounding area. All staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Fishing was difficult due to conditions but still caught some fantastic fish. Special mention to guides Nak Dale & Lee & of course Becky our host. Will be back ASAP

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I ventured over to Gillhams after a week of touring Bangkok- and I anticipated a great time- I was Not disappointed. The grounds are were safe, well managed and very clean. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my time was enjoyable. The fishing was great thanks to my great guides- and after a hard day fishing- the dinners were awesome and plentiful!! My accommodations were very comfortable. Transfers to and from airport were flawless.
I will definitely return from Ohio, USA to Gillhams!!! Great value for the money!!

Room Tip: All rooms are close to fishing and restaurant and spa.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank brianjM2976TH
Reviewed 4 February 2018

My son and I booked one day's fishing in the UK and paid £350 and this was, we thought, going to be the highlight of our holiday. The lake and the setting was fantastic, we started fishing at 8am and was put at the top end of the lake. One of the staff set everything up and told us where to fish and left us. But after 4 hours, we did not have a single bite so I went to call a member of staff over. He swam in and put the bait under the reeds and told us that we should now catch something. However, after another 4 hours we still hadn't had one bite. So at 4pm I told a staff member that we hadn't had a single bite in 8 hours. Then he said "that's fishing". By then, I was getting a bit wound-up, as for my son, he was really upset because he had saved all his money up to fish here. Because of the rudeness and attitude of this member of staff I asked to see the manager. When he came over, he told us fishing sometimes goes that way. Then I said not when you pay that much money, you should be getting bites and runs! You put us in the wrong run because we just had a day ticket. He then agreed to move us to the other side of the lake, where we could see a lot of fish swimming around. We had help from a member of staff called Michael who helped my son catch 2 nice fish. But I feel this help was too late in the day so I would not recommend this lake for the amount of money we had paid. We pre booked this on the strength of seeing all the good write-ups, pictures and videos of people catching amazing fish. It just seems they were more interested in taking your money.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Just returned home from a fantastic couple of days at Gillhams. From the transfer from the ferry port the service was fantastic. Upon arrival we was greeted by Becky who was great throughout (even went out of her way to source nappies for our little one). Got some early wisdom from John who took us to our room and gave us some tips on swim choice and fish tendencies. First day fishing was hard graft but managed to sneak out a red tail from the grass. The next morning was a screamer with 2 arries before 8am with the biggest estimated at 400lb!

With only having ~1.5 days fishing and seeking action I got stuck into the guides for their knowledge and support. Lee was the guide supporting me and was class throughout and worked hard to make sure the probability of catching was maximised at all times. Chris was also around and providing much good advice. The lake is great fun to fish and note you have to fish...it is not a crazy runs water.

Food was decent, no Michelin star restaurant but the Thai dishes were on point. Accommodation was good, everything you need and comfortable. The wife and little one also had a good time spending much time in the pool and harassing the dogs in the bar area. Will be back again for sure to catch some more of the big boys and enjoy the challenge.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family