All reviews dale hollow lake catfish nice golf course lake view outdoor pool room was clean staff was very friendly and helpful stayed one night pontoon boat balcony bugs mattresses bathtub inns
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location, off the beaten path of Rt 127 longest yard sale. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, water in shower was fast, felt great after a long day of yard sales. Customer service was very good. States no outside alchol carrying but they do serve alcohol. Definite come back to spot.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel and surrounding grounds are well kept and of course have stunning views of the lake! Many opportunities to see wildlife including deer and wild turkeys. Staff was very accommodating, and went above and beyond to service our large group.

The restaurant experienced some unfortunate events while we were there, they ran out of propane to cook and hot water. The staff struggled to keep everyone informed so we had to drive to another marina restaurant to eat on the first night of our stay. Our second night we waited maybe 20 mins for a table, but for a large party I fully expected that since our visit was during the peak of the season. But despite the events of the first night, when we were able to eat dinner at the restaurant on the second night it made the wait worth it! Exceptional fried chicken and fried fish! They also offered delicious mashed potatoes, green beans and fried okra. Great selections on the salad bar too! Deserts were homemade blackberry and peach cobbler. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet and a delicious BLT as well!

The pool was large and very clean! They also offered towels at the pool for use while swimming, which was great! There are plenty of chairs and lounging chairs to sit at and several tables that have umbrellas in case you want to get out of the sun.

The rooms were comfortable and very well maintained. The linens were clean and quite nice. There are no refrigerators located in the rooms but there are coffee makers in each room. There is also ice machines on each floor, which is great for anyone with coolers! The rooms were also quiet, and not much noise could be heard from surrounding rooms or floors.

The resort is very family friendly but would also be a great getaway for a couple! Additionally the resort is pet friendly.

There are many activities to do at the resort, and the grounds in case you need a day to spend off of the water. We liked the mini golf and the trails to see the overlook!

No doubt that my husband and I will stay here again as well the rest of our family! We are ready to book our next stay!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The location and facilities are very nice.They staff however is very easily overwhelmed always. They make it very clear that the job at the boat dock is “high stress”!!! Really? Come on now, It’s a boat dock not an operating room. If they have more than 2 customers in line it throws the entire operation for a loop. It’s a beautiful place to visit just don’t be in a hurry.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Stayed at the lodge over the 4th of July and was able to see the fireworks display from Trooper's Island off our balcony. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable and the view breathtaking. No fridge or microwave, though. The pool, although somewhat small was too warm for my liking, but was clean. The marina is now independent of the lodge and expensive for docking, an unfortunate disadvantage. Lots of additional opportunities for fun, i.e. golf course, miniature golf. Can order from the menu or indulge in the buffet at the restaurant. A great getaway location with the convenience of the lake

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are more expensive, but definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Went for lunch on Father's Day. There was a 'limited" menu available if you didn't take the buffet. I was disappointed by this as there were only two items on the buffet that I would eat. One meat and a roll. :( Admittedly, I am a picky eater but didn't realize I would not be allowed to order from the menu0. My husband did enjoy the buffet. Service was fair but not standout. They seemed to be running around and flustered like they were terribly busy but there was never a line to be seated and the restaurant was never more than half full while we were there. Also, with a buffet it's hard to see??? Maybe they were short on help, I have no idea. The bill for 2 buffets was $37. I'm unsure if that's the usual price or if it was more because they considered it a holiday. The value wasn't great for me since I only ate one piece of meat and a roll. I would go back but, not on a holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple