“It was very pleasant.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I had never stayed at a Microtel Inn before. The outside of the building was very inviting. Donna checked us in and she was very accommodating. The bed was comfortable. The room was VERY clean. In the morning we enjoyed a continental breakfast and Melissa helped us connect to the Internet so my husband could finish some work on his computer before we continued on our vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bowling Green

Reviewed 2 January 2011

My wife and I wanted to get out of town for New Years. With work schedules we couldn't have gone too far out of town. Bowling Green seemed perfect. I found coupon for this Microtel and was pleasantly surprised. Front desk staff was friendly, checkin was quick, and the room was clean. Small but it is a microtel. Reminded my wife of a hotel she stayed at in Germany. Would highly recommend to anyone travelng to bowling green. Didn't wake up early enough to partake in the breakfast offered but the snack machine in the lobby and proximity to gas stations and a Waffle House came in handy. Will definately stay here again when in Bowling Green. Only downside were the mirrors were kind of creepy. Felt like someone was watching us. We were on an end and I removed the mirror from the wall that joined the next room to put my wifes mind at ease.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcason
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We booked our trip to BG several months ago and needed to conserve money. For the price, it was not bad. We are going to stay at an older hang out location next year, as the savings was not worth it for us. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. The rooms were small, as expected, look at the name, lol. I was not pleased at the staff commenting about having a micro cooler that I put like 3 buckets of ice in (it had ice and several sodas in it). They said that the ice machines were not for filling coolers quite rudely. I could have just walked down 3 times and nothing would have been said. The continental breakfast was quite minimal, like 3 cereals in dispensers, a couple breads and no fruits at all. Pretty much useless for us. Don't depend on actually having something valuable for breakfast. The high speed internet was so hit and miss, you could never depend on it. It also seemed like the signal area was a 2 square foot area on the desk. If you moved the laptop away from there, you would disconnect. All in all, it was an OK stay, but not for next year.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrlittlejohn
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I have stayed at a couple Microtels before and while the rooms are usually small, they are clean and have the simple amenites that one would need when traveling (free wirless, free simple breakfast).

So when I was trying to decied between the Days Inn or the Microtel I choose the Microtel, even though it was a little bit more expensive. Bad choice.

The elevator was smelly and the carpet in it was dirty and stained.

When I entered my room I was over powered by the smell of powder. I never figured out if it was carpet freshner or if it was bug powder but there was a white powder build up along the carpet edges. The window bench was dirty and the cushion was stained.

During the night, my glasses fell between the mattress and the wall (headboard) and when I pulled the mattress farther from the wall, I realized that the room have not been cleaned thoroughly in a long while. There was crumbs and hair all along the back of the mattress.

The bathroom did appear to be clean. However, my shower was lukewarm.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennx2
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Great staff. Clean room and free breakfast. This was perfect overnight hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo