“Nice renovations”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is the second HIE in the last two weeks that had renovated the room. They are very nice with a modern decor multiple lighting options plenty of plugs for Chargers. The staff is friendly, the hot breakfast has several choices including fresh made pancakes. The dining area has plenty of chairs and tables however how they are position makes a couple of the large tables unusable when either one is being used. The location is very close to Newport Levee two blocks from the Ohio River and two blocks from three or four restaurants. It is easy to get to off of Highway 8 ramp turn right and two blocks away.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Well upon arrival there was no one at the front desk so after a long awkward wait a young black girl appeared speaking in very low low tones that could barely understand what she was saying seeming very uninterested in her job or that we were even there to check in.
She would seem to stare at the computer screen, not looking at it like she was looking for information, she would stare like in one spot like she did not know what she was doing. After leaving several times to go look for a manager to question, he showed up in the front lounge stating that he was new and that he really didn't know what was going on. This was not exactly what we were wanting to hear. Anyway after an extremely long wait we finally got into our rooms so due to the unprofessionalism of the staff they are getting one star.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hello Chrome1007,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It is regrettable that your check- in experience negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the level of service you received may have caused you. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team for review. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Just stayed for a couple of nights at this Holiday Inn and was surprised with the nice, clean room. The bed was very comfortable and fresh decor. The air conditioning was very noisy and would go on all night long. Have a pool area and a gym... The breakfast not so good but it had the essentials. I was just happy with a coffee and a microwave in the room!

Room Tip: Got a room with a view of the city and enjoyed a night fireworks!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. At check in we had a little bit of a wait (10-15 minutes) because there was just one girl working at the desk. She was noticeably overwhelmed with how busy it was. She even activated our keys incorrectly (only worked for a one night stay). Once we got checked in and went to our room we were fine. The room was spacious and clean. It had a king size bed, a pull out sofa and a chaise lounge chair; all very comfortable.
The bathroom was clean, looked almost brand new. The walk in shower with sliding glass doors was very nice.
The room was fairly quiet, though we were directly across from the elevator which had a weird sound when the door opened.
The breakfast was good the first morning, but the second morning was not so good. Not restocked at all with over an hour left of breakfast time. The pancake maker wasn't working and the eggs were cold. This was the first HI Express I've ever been to where the biscuits were not kept warm.
We did not use the swimming pool.
Other than the issue with the wait at check in and the 2nd mornings breakfast, everything else was great.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I am not a regular to posting negative reviews, but after several contacts with the hotel and IHG customer support I still feel like my family was mistreated by this hotel. Let me explain the situation. My whole family planned this trip to treat my dad to a ballgame in Cincinnati as a father’s day gift. Our group included, my parents, my family of four and my sister’s families of four & three. Thirteen of us all together. We live in three different states, so it’s pretty special when we can all be together. I took care of all the hotel reservations for this trip. I initially booked mine and my parents together for 2 rooms (we were treating my parents, so I would pay for their room). My sisters were OK with me doing the same for them, so I booked 2 additional reservations for single rooms.

We arrived in Cincinnati early in the day, but it was too early for check in and since the game was at 4pm, we decided check in would need to wait until after the game. Upon arrival at the hotel, the desk clerk working indicated she only showed 3 rooms for us and 2 of them had just a king bed. Being very confused as to what happened to the other room I booked, my husband noticed he had a voicemail. While we were at the ballgame, the hotel had called to let us know they assumed we had made a mistake on our reservation and didn’t need the 2 rooms that were booked on the same reservation. Had we answered this call maybe things would be different, but we were at a BALLGAME as a family. Paying attention to the cell phone wasn’t priority. None the less, it was obvious the hotel had overbooked and my family lost. The clerk on duty got frustrated with the situation with my family group and another couple that was also trying to check in with a “missing” reservation and stormed off. At that point I was trying to work with the hotel manager on the phone as to what could be done for my family. Another clerk came on duty while the first clerk was still away. She helped get my family checked into the three rooms we still had and we got the sisters and parents settled in for the night. The hotel tried to locate another room in Cincinnati for my family of four, but nothing was available within 40 miles. My family opted to just book another room in Indianapolis and head 80 miles back toward home.

If all of this wasn’t enough, we had further situations with this hotel. When my sisters got their room charges the next morning they were $25 different even though they were identical room types, and neither amount was the rate quoted on the reservation. Also, my nephews used the pool while there, and ended up with blue paint all over their legs and feet. A maintenance worker noticed this and said he had told (I assume management) someone that the new pool paint needed 48 hours to dry before it was refilled. This obviously didn’t happen.

I have made repeated attempts at working with IHG and the hotel, but the most I have gotten (and this is after a week’s worth of phone calls and emails) is the 40,000 rewards points the clerk told me I would get for the inconvenience to begin with. No one has reviewed the discrepancy in the room charges, or the paint issues, or APOLOGIZED for the situation they caused my family. The hotel manager continually just sends me one line emails with rewards points. What I’d like is for her to really acknowledge how her hotel was lacking and apologize for it. All businesses/people make mistakes, it’s how you handle them and the people you’ve effected that really counts. So, stop throwing points at me and start treating me like a person. A person who’s more upset about the time missed with family then the money spent at your hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is under renovation
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Erica M,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Newport
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati? Share your experiences!