All reviews margaret sue pioneer park continental breakfast bourbon house jacuzzi tub living room second bedroom watermelon r r sloping floors yogurt bourbon trail family stay downtown bardstown memorial day weekend modern amenities large bathroom
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Cute house but could use more attention to cobwebs and dust, dirty windows with dead bugs. Overpriced for less than perfect conditions. Could use a good cleaning and a fix it guy. Continental breakfast was muffin & watermelon. No yogurt as stated. Didn't eat cereal as I was grossed out by extra breakfast cereal stored in the closet with cleaning supplies.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We were a party of three exploring the bourbon trail over Memorial Day weekend and found the cottage inns while planning our itinerary ... the Pioneer Park Cottage was perfect for our needs - 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms along with a front porch for morning coffee and a backyard for evening bourbon! The cottage dates to around 1890 and is wonderfully maintained and welcoming - it is a lovely mix of period furnishing and modern amenities which makes it oh-so-comfortable. The location is perfect - we walked to Barton 1792 from the cottage in 10 minutes and were less than a 5 minute walk from the heart of the Bardstown historic district. Would we stay here again? Oh my goodness yes - in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
ChapezeHouse, Owner at Colonel's Cottage Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you so much.....we strive to provide a comfortable Inn with excellent service. We enjoyed having you stay with us at the Pioneer Park Cottage over the Holiday weekend and we hope you will return very soon.
Margaret Sue Masters
Colonel's Cottage Inns

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We love the charm of Bardstown. History, Bourbon, Boutique shops and Antiques. When we want a quiet place to stay we always look at one of the Colonel cottages. This time we stayed at the Bourbon House. What a great location. Right next door is the famous bakery and then the Bourbon bar. Down another block is the Rickhouse. Our cottage was two bedrooms, bath, dining room, kitchen and living room. Everything was clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast is continental but did I not mention the bakery next door! If you are coming to Bardstown always chose to stay at one of these cottage or the Loft. You won't be disappointed

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ChapezeHouse, Owner at Colonel's Cottage Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

We enjoyed having you stay with us again....We take great pride in all of our Cottages and Suites. Please come again real soon!!!

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We lucked out and were able to book the main floor guest room. We were only there from 3 pm to 6am. As this stop was on our way back home. The room was lovely as was the bathroom. The owners were very nice. We would have enjoyed taking the Bourbon course offered but had no extra time. The old house is wonderful. I couldn't help but laugh at one negative review which said the beds were too high and the stairs too steep. If you want a generic room stay elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ChapezeHouse, Owner at Colonel's Cottage Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

We enjoyed having you stay with us....please come back and we'll schedule one of the Bourbon Classes!!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I stayed for one night in the Bourbon Loft last week. The owners were away on vacation but left a note for me to call as there was some problem running my credit card. On the call she made sure I had everything I needed, including dinner plans. The bar looked nice and it might have been nice to take the Bourbon University class but I hadn't asked about it in advance as I didn't know how much time I'd have there.

On first sight, the room seemed smaller than I recall from booking it a couple months before. Then I realized that the other room across the top of the stairway was part of the suite. It was a good sized room with TV, sofa, chairs, refrigerator stocked for breakfast, coffee maker, microwave and cabinet with other breakfast goods, and a breakfast table. It seemed odd to have 2 locked rooms but I just left both doors open except for when I left or went to bed so I could go between rooms, just like at home. In fact it felt very homey, and the breakfast was what I wanted. It wasn't a B&B experience, but more of a home away from home thing.

The location was great, right off the town circle. I was concerned about traffic coming off the circle as it was loud up to about 10pm, but after that I heard nothing as the town went to sleep.

I measured the internet via wifi at 6mb down and over 2mb up, btw, very sufficient and quick to connect.

There was no one staying in the downstairs room so the place was very quiet. I can't say what it'd be like with other guests but the rooms weren't on top of each other.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BobFromVA
ChapezeHouse, Owner at Colonel's Cottage Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Bob,
I am glad you got to experience our type of Bed and Breakfast, which is "unhosted".
We like to make sure our guests are comfortable and have everything they need,
but we are not under foot.
Please come back and see us again real soon.
Thanks,