“No service”

Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "Taste the Garden Route" Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar is situated 50km outside Mosselbay next to the Outeniqua Mountains. Tasting & Sales: Monday - Sunday 10:00 - 16:00. Things to do: Wine tasting, Craft Beer, Restaurant, Live Music, MTB Single Track, Hiking Trail. Take time off and come explore this unique off the beaten track wine farm, situated in one of the most beautiful areas in the Garden Route.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place will never see me again. Got there at about 14:50(knowing they are only open till 16:00) to avoid the crazy lunch hour. We stood in the doorway. Waiting...not knowing whats going on. After about 5 minutes we got the attention of a waitron. Please jnderstand that we have not been greeted or spoken to by ANY staff member untill this point.

We got an opology that they are crazy busy but there were open tables everywhere. We got seated at a very diry table and told that a waiter will clean our table and take our order.

My wife took my 18month old to go plah and I waited. After 30 minutes my wife returns. No waitron has been to our table yet. I took my wife and daughter and left.

The lady that sat us down just stared at us as we left. Nobody at the door again.

80km there and 80km back. For nothing. Not even a greeting. Pathetic

Jantjie J, Owner at Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Pierre

So sorry about this, I can understand your frustration, this should not have happend and I do apologise.

All reviews
"dirt road"
"onion marmalade"
"out of this world"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I created my own pizza with Mushrooms, Chorizo, Cream cheese, Camembert, Onion marmalade and Garlic.
I don't know how I will ever eat "normal" pizza again. The views are beautiful, atmosphere relaxed and the sparkling rosé yummy. Definitely worth the drive.

Jantjie J, Owner at Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Lida
Thank you for your visit!
Yes, the options is limitless, we are glad you liked the pizza enjoyed your stay.
Cheers

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant Saturday lunch. Wine, company n food be good. Atmos feer baie gesellig. Moeite werd om te kuier n relax.

Thank you for your visit Chris. Hope to see you back back soon!
Cheers

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We had such a lovely time at Jakkelsvlei. From picking grapes & afterwards enjoying a glass of fruity Jakkelsvlei Sauvignon Blanc sharing a delicious pizza.
I'm very impressed by the service, quality, price & efficiency of the Jakkelsvlei staff especially the owner getting involve with customers making you feel had home & part of the Jakkelsvlei family.
Highly recommend to take a scenic drive towards Herbertsdale & make a turn at the one of the top restaurants & wineries in South Africa; Jakkelsvlei.
Many thanks
David & Marilé

Jantjie J, Owner at Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hi David & Marilé

Thank you for your visit and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the experience with us. We really do strive to be a winery for the whole family, from tasting wine, pairing wine, eating at our restaurant or kids playing on the lawn! Hope to see you back soon.