All reviews hot dogs arkansas river the outdoor hot tub evening kickback baked potato covered walkway sky bridge the river walk breakfast and happy hour historic property parking garage century ii convention center exploration place free breakfast cocktail hour light dinner
Reviewed 16 November 2017

The Drury is a great place to stay, the hotel it self is classy and suave. HOWEVER if you happen to be unfortunate enough to receive Allison at check in. Than be aware that she is VERY rude. Rude enough that I'm writing this review to reflect our experience with this "Guest Experience Specialist". I travel enough to know what genuine customer service looks like. Allison was apathetic, short, and provided no useful information. I'm not one to type bad reviews. Believe it or not, we are an easy bunch to please. However this really took the cake as the worst check in experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Austin M
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. We truly value your business and your reviews. We want to apologize that this happened during your stay and I want to assure you that we have used this as a training tool to help further develop our team members to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to assist you with a future stay at the Drury Plaza – Broadview.

James S.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our family scheduled our Family Reunion at this hotel for the weekend. We rented a conference room and enjoyed many of their rooms and amenities. The hotel has a grand feel to it and is in a historic building. The rooms, lobby, and meeting/conference rooms were clean and well-maintained.
There is a "complimentary" hot breakfast and "happy hour" offered in the mezzanine area. This area gets very, very noisy, although it is larger than most "hospitality" areas provided by most hotels, this area could use some sound dampening since the ceiling is so close. There are usually at least 3 people that are providing service in this area during breakfast and their "Kick-back" times. These people are exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was one exceptionally personable black woman (can't remember her name) and older middle-aged black man (can't remember his name either but want to identify them) who went above and beyond to make people feel welcome and happy. The gentleman always sings and tries to get people to sing. This was wonderful except that the loudness really hurt my ears and was painful enough to ruin my enjoyment of the corporate sing. I don't want him to stop this, but I would like some sound dampening provided in the area so it would not be so painful.
The food is typical fare for a cafeteria experience (meaning not like what you would expect at a moderate or upper end restaurant) but for a "hospitality" service was exceptional in that they had several choices for hot food as well as always offered fresh items. The breakfasts always offered several juices and milk as well as biscuits, gravy, eggs, pancakes, and all the toppings such as salsa, ham, and shredded cheese, and bottled sauces. There also were small tortillas provided. There was an offering where eggs could be made to order. Pastries such as donuts were offered and available. There also was oatmeal provided with toppings such as raisins, nuts, and brown sugar. There as an area of different breads such as bagels could be toasted and a variety of toppings. A variety of chilled yogurts were also provided.
The "Kick-back" is something that is actually nice to take advantage of--and many people did--which did create a very loud environment. Hot food is provided. It is of course not restaurant quality but very, very good and good enough to be a meal. Hot dogs with all the toppings (chili, relish, cheese, condiments) are always provided. Fresh salad greens and offerings of toppings of shredded carrots and cherry tomatoes with croutons, crackers, and fresh-made Ranch dressing and a vinaigrette is also always offered. There also are nacho chips and cheese sauce that is also always provided. A couple of steam table containers of baked potatoes are usually offered as well as either a pasta or taco meat and things to help make tacos. "Kick-back" also has a bartender available to provide 3 free alcoholic drinks which include simple cocktails of tequila sunrise and bloody mary's and margaritas (all mixes tho) as well as wine and a couple offerings of beer or ale. The spirits they use are not the top shelf but also not rot-gut/low quality--for example they have Jack Daniels as their bourbon choice. Their wheat ale is excellent.
Popcorn and soda pop is available most of the time.
One thing that I would like to see changed tho, is that the plastic ware is provided in large baskets where people reach in and grab their own plastic (silverware). This actually kind of grosses me out--when I see children (and adults) reaching in and rubbing their hands all over the plastic ware that we all will be placing in our mouths....Of course any help-yourself service creates an environment of possible contamination, but maybe instead of a large basket where all the people have to reach in and touch everything before they get a hold of their choice of plastic ware, have the plastic ware in something smaller that keeps the "silverware" in place--maybe even standing it up with the handles up so that people just grab the handle-end of the plastic ware rather than running their hands (which may or may not have been washed or just recently had been rubbed across their runny noses) rubbing all over the entire basket of ware.....

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I loved everything about this hotel. The hot tubs are the best of any hotel I've been in-- clean, hot, large, and fully functioning. The pool is great too. The lobby is beautiful and open. The staff were super friendly and great to interact with. The restaurant on site was great; the waitress was super nice and the person bringing the food seemed to flirt a bit which is great for a travelers ego. The rooms are nice and in wonderful shape. Didn't see a single thing I didn't like and will be back here in a few months.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Maybe it’s just Kansas, (I received great service while I was in KC, too) but the service at The Drury was outstanding, especially the dining staff. Michelle was so nice, my wife wanted to give her a hug. Costello at the bar was quick with a smile.

I wish I could name others, every one we passed was very pleasant.

The rooms and the hotel were nice and clean. The hotel has a classic look. We were there for a convention and the space worked out well.

The hotel is next to the river, which had a great walking path.

If you’re going to stay in Wichita, the Drury is recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Very cool old building. Staff was great! Has it's own parking garage right across the street. In walking distance to a ton of great restaurants and bars. Right next to the river walking trails. Great place that we would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple