“Kind of a Dive, But Very Good”
Review of Riverside Cafe

Riverside Cafe
Ranked #45 of 1,082 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: USD 3 - USD 12
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is a great little restaurant -- the kind of place, all the locals know about. The food was very good. Pot roast, turkey and dressing. The atmosphere is quaint. It is an old restaurant with lots of character. The owner? was present and very attentive to details. Service was good. If I lived in Wichita this would be a regular stop. I had friends who ate breakfast for dinner. They were very happy. The pie sounded very good, but I had no room for desert after the pot roast. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Great food, great prices, great service in an atmosphere that will make you think you took a step back in time.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My large family and I were passing through Wichita to head home to Nebraska. I checked out TripAdvisor and Yelp and this diner had good reviews. I checked out the menu as well. I thought the sandwich prices were very fair and sounded good. The 11 of us went in and were nicely greeted. This diner is comfortable, relaxed, and very laid back. We ordered and I got a Reuben. It was probably the best Reuben I have ever had! The menu stated the sandwiches came with half fries. Holy moly! We had half a plate of homemade fries! So good! The burgers looked good as well!
The staff was very friendly and tolerant when a few of our kids got crabby.
The exterior of the building may make you rethink stopping, but do it! You'll love it!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Breakfast is their specialty. Four of us had Breakfast items, one had a burger. The breakfast food was very good. The burger was very well done, not exactly my son's favorite. Daughter requested no onion in her Omelet. It came with onions. The staff is very good, they just need to make sure to get the order correct.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Food was good. I had a Frito chili pie. At $6 I though it was a little pricey for the portion you receive. My friend had a veggie quesadilla. It was huge and about the same price. We had a groupon so it made the price better.

1  Thank Miss_Ivy_92