“Great Food, Great Service, Lots of Food!!!”
Review of Riverside Cafe

Riverside Cafe
Ranked #67 of 1,114 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: USD 3 - USD 12
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2017

My wife and I stopped at Riverside because it had been recommended to me. They had quite a few items on the menu but my wife chose an order of the 1/4 lb guacamole and swiss cheese burger and half an order of hand cut fries. I ordered the 1/2 lb open face chili burger with a full order of fries. Our burgers arrived and the plates were covered with fries. They had onions and pickles on the side and reminded me of the cafes when I was young when you got your money's worth for great food! Our waitress checked with us often and kept our drinks full. The manager also stopped by to make sure everything was great. We enjoyed the many pictures, antiques and items decorating the walls. There are many items on the menu we still want to try and we will definitely be back! I highly recommend this historic restaurant. They also have pie!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

This is an old time cafe in the heart of Riverside.
It opened in 1946 and hasn't changed much. A classic lunch counter and a REAL wall mounted juke box at each booth. A time warp-what's not to love?!
They are serious about breakfast and serve it all day. Generous portions of a no frills meal.
Lunch is also a great selection of traditional hearty fare. I had the patty melt which was delicious. The prize for me was a side of perfectly cooked TaterTots. Haven't had them this good in decades!!!
Easy to tell this is a favorite neighborhood spot and very popular. The servers were so attentive.
A GREAT place for traditional food and a memory stroll!

1  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed 29 April 2017

I really enjoy eating here and my favorite is the chicken fried steak with cream gravy.
The service is always great.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The service at this café was excellent. Very laid back atmosphere. I liked the machines on the table for music. The food was good. We like to try new foods and their food is always the same so we will go somewhere else for a new experience but come back for the great service and a relaxed meal.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I have eaten here since the 60's. It is across the street and West of from North High School. It has not changed, the new owners like it the way it is and keep it that way. They have branched out over the city but I like this location. You will find business people in suits and neighborhood people dressed not so sharp. The food is good at a good price. It's like a Dinner or Truck Stop, no candles or tablecloths.

Been to Riverside Cafe? Share your experiences!