“This is a different place now ”

Great Wall Restaurant
Ranked #695 of 1,201 Restaurants in Wichita
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Okay so I live close and I love food. I’m not always a fan of the food on this side of town. Tonight I dropped in and this place was hopping with take out orders. I ordered the egg foo young. Impressed. Fresh food

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were staying in Wichita for the night and craving Chinese food, so we ordered take-out. I thought it was fine, my wife said it was salty. They do cook it fresh and the kitchen is open to view. Looks like a husband and wife team and he was back there cooking on the big woks. I think they just don't have the seasoning right, but they are not horrible.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2016

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The kitchen is a disgusting mess (for what I could see from the front counter). Their ice machine was not working so the put cans of pop in a cooler. No diet pop, so I had to drink warm water. The older Asian couple was doing some kind of weird ritual outside with a string, a wick of some sort that was lit on fire (I think it was actually a tampon). He sat on a bar stool and she was taking the fire and going around his body and touching his skin with it.
The bathroom was disgustingly dirty too.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

It's a great lace for a quick bite. Very nice people! They also serve boba tea here. Very long hours for those who get off work late.

Date of visit: November 2015