“No flavour”

Cholita's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #601 of 1,074 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We like to support local business and this one has been owned by a family for 30 years here. But when we stopped yesterday for the first time, it was disappointing. The chips and salsa are the best part of the meal. The taco meat was tasteless and not seasoned . It was a pile of gray meat in the tortilla shell. Since that is the main ingredient in most of the food.....even adding the salsa on top of everything didn't help. I tried an enchilada, tostado, burrito, and taco. We left most of the food on our plates.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I'm not a fan of Mexican food, because I love the real authentic Mexican food! Well...I've finally found it! This great little spot will be my go to place when I crave the Mexican taste! The have several combo platters (I like #1). My daughter who was with me and Loves Mexican food said this was the best she ever had! The service was great with down to earth friend serving staff. The kitchen is fast! we waited no more then 5 minutes with the dining room 3/4 full! This restaurant is in a strip mall, and hard to located if your not familiar with the mall. LOVE THIS PLACE!

Reviewed 15 August 2016

This place is not very visible from the street since it is tucked back in a strip mall behind some free-standing fast-food restaurants. However, it is worth a visit. The service was very good, and I was promptly seated and served once I arrived. The chips and salsa served with my meal were very good. The chips were corn (not flour) and there was both hot and mild salsa served. I ordered the Friday special of the day (small taco salad for $5.88). When the food arrived, it looked small, but was actually all that I could have eaten. The white meat chicken in the salad was very plentiful, but I would have liked to see it spiced up a bit more. I added the tasty salsa to the salad to make it not as bland. I would definitely come back to this place.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

This is a family owned Mexican restaurant. Food is very good and you don't have to wait long to receive your order. Have been going here for several years and never disappointed in quality.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We stopped for a late lunch and enjoyed a different kind of Mexican food than we get in California, Arizona and New Mexico. The flavors were good and tasty but not too spicy, which was good by me. The service was friendly and just plain nice. The salsa was not chunky but smooth and had a very nice flavor. We ended the meal with a delightful fried ice cream. It was a nice finish to a very comfortable lunch experience in a town new to us. We noticed that they have good daily specials, food and drinks!