“Great Italian Restaurant on the middle of Kansas.”

Siena Tuscan Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena Tuscan Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,081 Restaurants in Wichita
Price range: USD 18 - USD 38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Siena Tuscan Steakhouse, located in the trendy Ambassador hotel in Wichita, KS, offers a signature dining experience showcasing the cuisine of Tuscany.
Reviewed 25 November 2017

It would be no surprise to find a good steak in the middle of Kansas, and according to one of our party, this restaurant was able to deliver that, along with an exceptional selection of beautifully designed Italian dishes. We ate here on two consecutive nights and were impressed both times. Among our favorites, the Beet Risotto and the Pappardelle with braised Rabbit. Both were surprisingly delicious. Try the octopus starter. This restaurant makes it to my top 100 list anywhere in the country.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The family and I had heard very nice things about the hotel and decided to make reservations for Thanksgiving lunch. Unfortunately, it was a horrible dining experience. We had reservations at 1 pm and we’re seated, served drinks and decided to go through the serving line. We went to the line and found that over half the items including Turkey, mashed potatoes and butter were out, soup and green beans were lukewarm and they ran out of plates. At first I assumed they would rectify situation but it was utter chaos for the dinner and finally after 30-40 minutes I was able to get some Turkey but never any mashed potatoes. On top of this, the serving stations were unkept and dirty. While staff appeared to be all around they were not very helpful in addressing the situation.
Overall, I would recommend staying at Courtyard rather than Ambassador and for sure cannot recommend eating there. A huge disappointment for a Marriott property.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Last week I was in Wichita for work while filming a culinary tv show. A group of us decided to try Siena Tuscan to celebrate a crew members birthday, based on a referral from a local... from the food, to the service, to the birthday cake reveal... it was all just disappointing. Not to mention the restaraunt was almost empty... only two other tables dining and a group of four at the bar, so it wasn’t like they were busy.

I ordered the Autumn Squash Bisque and it came out cold. That leads me to believe they are re-heating their soup rather than making it fresh when ordered. The server did offer to bring out another, however I was starving and didn’t want to wait, and aside from the temp the bisque itself was good.

Cacio E Pepe- poor presentation and equally poor taste. If the dish looks unappealing, it should at least taste good, but they missed the mark on both fronts! We sent it back, and the manager came out and explained how they prepare it... but he was explaining it to one of the chefs at our table, so we will just agree to disagree.

Frutti di Mare: two of us ordered this dish, both were just ok. I opted to change mine and substitute the sauce on the menu for olive oil and butter, but the seafood and pasta were literally drowning in olive oil... Pasta & Seafood soup anyone???

Center Cut Filet... medium is not well done... the steak was over cooked and subsequently a bit dry. Is it that challenging to cook a proper medium steak?

Whiskey Sour: the only thing that they got right at this restaraunt, it’s was fantastic!

Then there was the birthday cake fiasco... they brought out the pre-sliced birthday cake, that we paid a cake cutting fee for, and all 7 slices had candles in them??? They were well aware of who’s birthday it was, since the manger had previously brought out a complimentary cocktail to somewhat excuse the mediocre food quality and poor service. I will say it was kinda funny watching my friend lean over the table to blow out candles on everyone else’s cake. #NotReally

Lastly, we weren’t allowed into the speakeasy located downstairs in the hotel because we stayed longer at the dinner table and missed our reservation. The same manager who an hour earlier was at our table was now at the door to the speak easy and informed us he gave our reserved table away since we were late... which is understandable. However, when we asked to go in to just see the establishment he wasn’t very accommodating and said he had to “check on something” first??? Not sure what that was all about, so we just decided to leave... After all, there’s plenty of speak easys in Los Angeles, and I doubt we were missing out in Wichita.

On a positive note, there IS amazing dining in Wichita, and it can be found at Newport Grill! Top notch food, top notch service, and a much better menu.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Located in the Marriott downtown, what you would expect from a full service Marriott associated restaurant. It was priced the same, they know if you are there that you are on an expense account or captive to being the only restaurant in a 4 or 5 block area. Service was excellent, I ate here 4 times, 2 for dinner, and once for lunch and breakfast.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Ambassador Hotel, so it just made sense to eat at the Siena Tuscan Steakhouse. It was fantastic. The steaks were cooked perfectly, I ordered the center cut filet and it was incredibly tender. My husband ordered the ribeye and it also was cooked perfectly with a delicious flavor. The sides were small but tasty. We also enjoyed the Autumn squash soup, it had phenomenal flavors. The drinks we're great. The Ambiance was very romantic. The service was amazing. We will definitely be returning!

We also ate breakfast at the Sienna this morning. It measured up to dinner last night. I ordered the omelette, it was very very good. My husband ordered the signature breakfast which was also very good. Coffee was pricey but they gave us a to go cup after a meal which was a nice touch.