All reviews made to order breakfast loft suite shuttle service large walk in closet splash bar waffles old town free laundry full size refrigerator close to downtown sitting area a great place to stay within miles stayed nights king bed breakfast room residence inn
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The front desk folks were fantastic. We arrived early by car and wanted to walk over to the convention hotel. The front desk staff asked us to wait a minute so they could open a gate that would make the walk shorter. Later we used the shuttle both to and from the convention, fast, easy, convenient. My wife commented that it was faster than waiting for an elevator. Rooms were very large and quiet. Did not use the kitchen but now that we are familiar with this hotel, we probably will in the future. If you are staying any length of time, you can order groceries through the front desk. Do not miss breakfast, great buffet and you can order eggs or waffles to order.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Christine711smain, General Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience at Hotel at WaterWalk! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our front desk met your expectations. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This place is lovely with the kitchen in the room. The kitchen even has a couple of mugs and plates. The kitchen has a stove and a large fridge. It really provides a lot for a really good price. The look on the inside and outside could be better. It could be a little bit more clean on the outside and inside by adding color and upgrading. Also, if you don't like to be near smokers, this might not be the place for you since there are no rules about non-smoking. The breakfast is amazing. You can get breakfast the way you want. When I went, it was delicious and I had an omelette and waffle. You can also rent movies to watch in your room.

Room Tip: good if you are staying for a longer time but not enough time to get a permanent address and live there
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vakula98
Christine711smain, General Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your kind review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel at WaterWalk. We are working on improvements to the exterior, and I am grateful for your input. We hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Dear Hotel at WaterWalk,

I am writing with regards to my family’s stay at your hotel last weekend, that of February 23-25, 2018. My wife, toddler son, and I stayed in your hotel’s king suite for two nights.

As I am sure you are well aware, early Sunday morning a shooting occurred on your hotel’s premises. In fact, as the Wichita Eagle reported about it on February 26, 2018.

Obviously, this event scared and upset me and my family. But as I reflect on this tragedy, one of a sad and sick pattern of guns and gangs that is ripping our country apart, I am also furious with Hotel at WaterWalk.

Your hotel completely ignored this incident the next morning as we ate breakfast. When checking out, the employees did not mention what had occurred, inquire about our safety, or ask what they could do to help. I observed an employee cleaning up the blood on the sidewalk, but that’s it.

I think your hotel failed spectacularly in not addressing the shooting.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Christine711smain, General Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Tim,

I know that we have corresponded several times regarding the incident at the hotel back in February, and I noticed you have re-posted your review. I am so sorry you do not feel we addressed this issue with you, and if there is anything further I can do please contact me.
Here was my initial response to your review on March 1st:
I wanted to start by thanking you for your comments. As difficult as they are to hear for us, I do believe your concerns are extremely valid and absolutely deserve an explanation. The events that happened at Hotel at WaterWalk on Sunday morning were both saddening and shocking to myself and the entire staff as well as our guests. This is not something that has ever happened before, so we were not ready to deal with the situation. We were all trying to stay calm and rational while dealing with our guests, while on the inside we were reeling from the situation. I understand your anger and frustration and I apologize from the bottom of my heart for not handling it better. I would really like to speak to you directly to see if there is anything that I can do to rectify this for you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at 316-263-1061. Very Sincerely, Christine Allen, General Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My room was clean and cozy, exactly what I needed the night before an interview. The restaurant/bar staff made my stay, I felt at home. The hotel was close to the river walk. The fireplace was exactly what I needed to fell comfortable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Christine711smain, General Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you had a great stay at Hotel at WaterWalk. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best hotels I’ve stayed in, especially for the reasonable rate. My room was spacious and clean. I appreciated the reclining chair, desk, and full sized fridge. Staff were friendly any time I needed anything. I utilized the free shuttle one night, and it was very easy to use. Due to the location, it was a bit noisy, but I didn’t find this to be a big problem. I would highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business