“Great customer service! Ask for Shannon she has excellent customer service!”

AVI Seabar and Chophouse
Ranked #24 of 1,106 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We checked in to the Drury Hotel around 8pm and saw that AVI Seabar has room service until 9pm and serves food until 12am (M-F) so we had to give it a try. I called and talked to Shannon. She has great customer service with a smile and took my order and gave me directions from my room to pick it up. Thanks Shannon. I got a turkey sandwich with fries, and my wife got a tuna melt. They both were delicious. We also ordered a slice of double chocolate cake yummmm! The food was made fast and the location is right next to the hotel. You can see the restaurant from the parking deck. They also had more filling entrees on the menu and a full bar. Great service in a cool restaurant! Thank you to all the employees of the AVI Seabar for making our dinner a great one!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Through searching for a caterer for an event, we found this restaurant. Ben is the chef for this lovely restaurant and Corporate Caterers. He sure knows his way around a kitchen! Fish tacos are amazing. Even the Cobb salad isn't your ordinary experience. He adds his personal touch to everything. I brought a group of women here and they were all pleased with their food, the setting, and the service was excellent. The portion size is perfect. The flavor is bursting with unique flavors. Well worth the money and time to be here! We'll come again. Just sorry it's all the way downtown.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

During the opening Sundown Parade of the Wichita River Festival my wife and I were delayed arriving for the parade and so we were stuck outside the fence to the Festival area along Douglas Street. After the first hour of the long parade my wife was desperate for something to eat and so I went into "Hunter/Gatherer" mode to find us food. It was then that I noticed a banner on the fence around the Drury Broadview Hotel along the river that one of their restaurants was offering a River Fest special. After verifying this fact with the hotels parking attendant we rounded the corner to find AVI Seabar and Chophouse in the NE corner of the Drury Broadview Hotel.

The service was great. The menu was extensive and had a wide range of selections from simple to elegant. And the prices were not bad for what I would call an upscale establishment. We ordered the River Fest hamburger special and were floored by the value for the low price. A half pound steakburger loaded with the fixings and a good quantity of cut from scratch fries. Everything was seasoned nicely, hot, and delicious.

We wound up watching the rest of the parade from our lofty perch as we took our time to enjoy our delicious meal.

This place is worth a return visit for any evening I choose to take my bride of 32 years downtown in Wichita. Next time I'm trying one of their steaks.

1  Thank T W A
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Wow! Salmon BLT? Amazing! Great ambiance and excellent food! The clam chowder soup will make you come back weekly. Must try and very reasonably priced!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We visited AVI while at a convention. The food was amazing, service outstanding. The menu is a delight, worth trying several items.