“Great Food and Atmosphere”

Hangar One Steak House
Ranked #47 of 1,141 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

While staying at a nearby Hampton, they gave me a ride to this nice restaurant. I was impressed with the music, which was not overly loud and older Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammie Davis, etc. tunes. The food was quite tasty, since I had a New York strip with a baked potato and salad. Steak was tender and juicy cooked just the way I ordered and seasoned lightly. They have a good happy hour prices on wine and other drinks, with a good wine selection. Prices are comparable to other steak houses and service was good.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I visited last summer (July 16), ordered a ribeye rare and got an overcooked lump of gristle and fat. Sent it back and got another fatty overcooked steak (pro tip: charred exterior and grey interior is NOT how a rare steak should be). I sent that one back as well. The third was raw, cold, and was again mostly fat. I told the waitress that I could do a better job cooking it myself, as their chef apparently had no clue how to cook meat. Perhaps they should learn sous vide.

Service was meh, I was there well in advance of the dinner crowd and there was practically no one there, but had to go hunt a server down (she was busy texting) to get my drink refilled and check the status of my order. The manager on duty was utterly disinterested when I complained. $40 later I left, still hungry, and quite disappointed. I will not be back.

That said, the aviation theme is quite interesting, and its obvious draw is for the corporate/business aviation crowd.

3  Thank Molly K
Reviewed 16 August 2017

You won't believe what's inside, the façade does not reflect what you'll get inside! Nice atmosphere, good friendly service, and really good food. We had the salad (nuts, fruit, homemade dressing), steak bites app (gravy, potatoe straws), and kabob and pesto pasta and tiramisu. The $5 cab was really good and not just because of the price! good pour, good portions, good everything, try this one!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I've eaten at Hangar One Steak House twice. Once downstairs in the main dining area and once in the lounge upstairs. The first experience was nice. Our server was pleasant and the meal was good but not inspiring. My second trip was a little more fun since we were upstairs with a view of Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport. Again, the meal was good; nothing spectacular. The cocktails were so-so. I had a beer; beer never fails. Unfortunately, there were not a lot of flights that evening so the "show" of watching airplanes was disappointing. Our servers were friendly.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a fun airplane themed decor. A bit on the expensive side, the food is pretty good. My steak was flavorful and tender, the mashed potatoes were kind of dry, the bread wasn't good, but the spinach stuffed tomatoes were great. Nice view of the airport from the third floor.

Been to Hangar One Steak House? Share your experiences!