“Good but not great”

Add it.
Alejandro's Mexican Food
Ranked #385 of 1,088 Restaurants in Wichita
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The online reviews of this place are mixed. Here's one that matters by Wichita's best foodie.

If you're looking for a lunch bargain, then Alejandro's might be just the place for you. For a little over $4, you can get two grilled chicken soft tacos. That's a great price, but how good, or bad, are the tacos?

They're good, but not great. Served on a corn tortilla (I'm not a fan) which started falling apart two bites in, the grilled chicken had grill marks, but lacked any sense of charcoal flavor. The chicken was breast meat and cooked properly - not too dry - but not even the seasoning gave you a hint of "grilled," it was bland. The lack of grill flavor was made up for though in the guacamole and Pico de Gallo composing the rest of the taco fare. Void of grilled essence, the tacos needed sauce, but none was added because a true evaluation of a taco is how good it is without it.

For the price, I wasn't disappointed, but the grilled chicken taco from Alejandro's Mexican Food is not worth a repeat buy. If something is described as "grilled" on the menu, then it better taste grilled. Alejandro's may want to invest in some liquid smoke and the next time I'm in the mood for a quick Mexican lunch, I'm going to look elsewhere to tantalize my taste buds.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Went in for lunch for the first time; looked over the menu. Prices were pretty low, so I expected small portions. I ordered a combo mean including a burrito and enchilada.

The food was quite good. Better than I expected, in fact. And, the portion sizes were ... WHOA! BIG! Too much for me to eat in one meal! Everything was quite tasty. The burrito could have use a little more meat, but all in all, the food was quite good.

The restaurant was clean and roomy. Seating was somewhat limited for the size of the store. However, I had no trouble getting a seat. Plenty of parking, as well. The restaurant was clean, although you could see the storage area from the counter and it looked cluttered, but not dirty.

The staff was friendly and quick. They were very accommodating.

Very good meal, especially for the price. The food is authentic, not Tex Mex. Not like Taco Bell or other "fast food" places.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Use to have the best breakfast burritos in town. The last 2 times there the cheese wasn't even melted and the girl working behind the counter was rude and very unfriendly. This place is going downhill.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I've stopped in Alejandro's for lunch now several times. Each time I've been served up a delicious meal by a well-staffed team. They do get pretty busy on their lunch hours as they are quite close to McConnell AFB but they still put out quality fast Mexican dishes. Always a pleasure to eat here. For me, you can't beat their pork carnitas burrito!

Reviewed 18 April 2016

I haven't visited Wichita often, but each time I go I long for a taqueria that serves authentic Mexican food. What do I mean by authentic? They need to serve a torta. You can keep your tacos, burritos, or enchilada platters, I only ask for is a wonderful filling of my choice between two pieces of bread. This is the only restaurant that I have found in Wichita that has this.

I had a torta machaca, which has chunks of beef, egg, pepper, and onion; as well as the torta staples of lettuce & mayo. It was heavenly. I was a little disappoint not to have al pastor as an option, but I had not tried this before and it was very good.

So, if you want real Mexican food, please come here and eat!