Lowest prices for your stay
AU$184
Kumbirayi D
Perth, Australia

Club Tropical Resort Darwin

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2024
This was my second stay at the resort after my first one in 2019. The rooms were very large and comfortable. The rooms were cleaned every day. The food was perfect and very delicious.
We also had a conference and their facilities are great, they provided us with plenty of food. Their staff are some of the best I have ever met around Australia. I will definitely come back again for the third time.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Darwin is generally hot and humid.
Trip type: Travelled with family
7.4 km from Club Tropical Resort Darwin
    AU$131
7.4 km from Club Tropical Resort Darwin
Free parking
Cabin with one queen bed
    AU$176
    AU$197
Pool
Looks can be deceiving! What has been a long standing local hotel for many years, we have stayed here from time to time for various reasons. However this time my Mother has been unwell and I have had to come up for a long period of time. This is my first stay in the newly renovated rooms. Hands down blown away by how good they are! Very impressed. Well done Winnellie Hotel, will highly recommend this to our friends and family 👌
AU$201
  • Expedia.com
    AU$273
11.0 km from Club Tropical Resort Darwin
View more hotels in Lee Point
All reviews plates cutlery huge pool pool side sized fridge darwin sprinklers lawns lagoon waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Omg😍What a beautiful and clean place to stay. My room was superb...!! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The meals from the restaurant were not only value for your money but delicious as well and the staff are wonderful. I loved my stay here and will definately be back... Great place to be and stay...!!!

Room tip: It's a bit out of town but well worth the peace and tranquility....
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 3 September 2023

I was very happy to stay at this accommodation, it was spotless, spacious with a comfortable bed and very pleasant reception area. The restaurant was good and the staff pleasant. The lady at reception was exceptionally helpful and even let me access my room earlier than the usual check in time.
I loved being away from the CBD as it made it a lovely quiet spot though you would want to have a car.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 26 August 2023 via mobile

I would not call it a ‘resort’. The photos on the website make the place look much nicer than it actually is. In reality all it is, is pretty unattractive large buildings in a very large empty space. Hardly any trees or greenery.

The large resort style pool is the only thing remotely ‘resort’ related here & even that is being generous. & the massive grassed area just had a couple lounge chairs laying around. There is no playground or water slides or anything at all for kids.

There is no security gates on entry, so anyone is welcome to drive in & access your vehicles, etc.

Rooms are comfortable & nice, but that’s about all I can say that’s positive. The place was pretty much empty & yet we were put in a room that overlooked the road. & you couldn’t leave the back door opened to enjoy the weather as there is no security screen.

Overall, not a great place to stay. Definitely wouldn’t stay here again.

Room tip: There are protests happening in Lee Point over the new development, which is literally metres away from the ‘resort’. Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Coopem_23
Reviewed 30 December 2022

We stayed in a pool side villa for 7 nights whilst visiting family in Darwin for Xmas. We had family & friends stay in 3 other villas and we asked many moons ago if we could all be together but 3 were and the other one separated. Wonderful BBQ facilities which we went to use on Xmas day however there was no gas left!.. Rather than annoy reception on Xmas day my nephew who lives nearby brought over a gas bottle and saved the day. The lawns are mowed regularly but a whipper snip is also needed around edges and walls. One evening it rained hard & regular but the automatic sprinklers came on all the same even though the ground was already drenched. I mentioned in a previous review of this place several years ago that the gardens will look absolutely beautiful once they take off and this has proven to be true. We will stay again as we love the restaurant – the serves are huge and well worth it.

Room tip: The restaurant has lovely food, great serves...
Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 13 November 2022

The website is very different to the Motel when you get there, I would not call it a resort and the reception is not 24 hours, closes 8pm.

The bathroom has no light switch, but comes on automatically and stays on for 15 minutes after the door is closed lighting up the whole room. I was told by Management this is for safety... not needed as the smoke alarm emits a big circle of light on to the floor so between that and the bathroom light the room is not dark.

The aircon has no remote and temperature cannot be altered. It was set at 24 but the room was freezing and only option is too turn off.

The room was clean, bed comfortable and facilities in the room adequate. The pillows are the great big ones that stand up on their own, may look good but not good for the neck and very uncomfortable.

Room service had not arrived within an hour of placing an order and when I phoned they had written down wrong room number ever though I had told them the number 3 times. It was finally delivered, cold dessert sandwiched between 2 hot items and they still charged a delivery fee of $5 even when over an hour late.
The meal was cold, I suppose as it had sat around for an hour, garlic bread was nice.
When I advised management of this, I was basically called a liar and made out I had given the wrong room number.

The food is basic and at breakfast had to return a poached egg as the middle was clear raw egg.
Also a long way out of town with no shops nearby.

Date of stay: November 2022