“Pet Friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salina
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My family owns 2 dogs and traveling during the holidays with dogs can sometimes be hassle. This is possibly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in that allowed pets. It was very clean and normally what you would expect from a La Quinta. My own complaints were the water pressure in the shower was a little low and they advertised free wifi, but the reception in the room was terrible.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Topher0216

Reviewed 23 December 2011

The key card did not work the first time... I had to go back down to the desk and have it activated.

The towels smelled as if they hadn't been washed very well.

My room was next to the elevator so I had to listen to the
ding-ding of the bell each time the elevator door opened and guests trundled on or off.

After taking a shower the tub faucet dripped continually.
I had to close the bathroom door so I wouldn't hear it.

On the positive side, the room was modernly furnished: New flat screen TV.
nice desk and easy chair.

The deal breaker for me is the towels. My room cost $110, including tax.
For that I expect towels that smell fresh as daisies. If I want crummy smelling towels I can go to the Travel Lodge down the street for $49 a night.

All things considered, I'd skip this place...

Room Tip: Stay away from the x07 rooms....107, 207, 307....they are right next to the elevator and you'll...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TomGGregg
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stopped in Salina on our way to Colorado. Nice surprise in the middle of Kansas. Nice update on the rooms. We had a King room on the first floor going to Colorado and a Suite going home. Both rooms were very comfortable. Only things I found unusual in the suite was that the desk and chair were located in the bedroom not the living room also there was only one night stand in the bedroom.. Pool was nice size but it looked like it was getting ready for an upgrade hope so because the ladders were a little difficult getting in and out. Nice computer room across from the pool. The breakfast was the best. Wonderful selection of food .B&G, Sausage, Egg and Cheese Omlete, waffles, rolls, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice and milk. Nice attendant taking care of the buffet. Staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanaMissouri
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Nice enough La Quinta (and they allow pets which is why we always try to stay at La Quinta) but for some reason the sheets were EXTREMELY itchy (they must have started using a cheaper laundry soap). Also, the smoking area is right outside the front door so whenever you go in and out expect to be smothered in cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I can't say enough about this La Quinta. My husband and I are not normally fans of LaQuinta Inns, but after the stay at the Salina facility, we may check out more hotels in this chain. The rooms were nicely updated and very clean. The staff was extremely helpful. The best part is there was not even a charge for our pet nor a charge for Internet. As if this couldn't be topped, when my husband left his keepsake watch in the room upon departure, the inn called us to let us know they had found it and then took the time to mail us the watch. It's been a long time since I have been so impressed by a motel/hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family