“Surprised ”
Review of Smoky Hill Museum

Smoky Hill Museum
Ranked #4 of 21 things to do in Salina
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Looking for something to do before heading out to South Dakota in the morning, I took a chance on bringing my wife, 14 yo daughter and 10 yo grand daughter to the museum. We were all really pleased with the show pieces and inter-active displays. There was construction going on but it didn't bother our visit. The man running the museum was very informative and polite. Would recommend a visit there. Not very big but big enough( Free Admission)

5  Thank gordontgauthier
"facts"
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Most local history museums tend to be somewhat boring, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. They do a really good job of using artifacts to tell some of Salina's history. Plus, I really enjoyed the walk-in old settler's cabin. They have rotating special exhibits, and they were in the process of renovating their kids' area when we were there. We'll definitly return!

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Very much enjoyed the history tour. Covers several eras. Great for the young ones especially - to see how things were when grandparents were kids and great for grandparents to reminisce about. Husband and I really enjoyed it. Highly rec.

2  Thank julie j
Reviewed 9 June 2016

On my recent trip to see my sister, my wife and I visited the Smoky Hill Museum. Inside there were many different displays. Starting from Pioneer days to more current events. There were several monitors set up for you to watch in different locations informing you about the various displays, from a Log Cabin display to a display of Uniforms worn in Salina by The Police of simpler times. They have alot of brochures and pamphlets giving more information on the displays. All in all it was a very interesting place to stop in and walk around for awhile.

2  Thank donj391