“Likin' Good Fried”

Chicken Annie's Original
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I occasionally visited Chicken Annie's Original over 40 years ago and thought it was great. A recent visit confirmed that they still fry mighty good chicken, with excellent German Cole slaw and German potato salad. It is not a trendy upscale dining experience, but it is really good food served by friendly people at a reasonable price. If you like fried chicken, you will probably like this place.

1  Thank SHIRLEY B

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Bad service we had to wait an hour for our food after we ordered and no one bothered to check on us while we waited will never go there again.

1  Thank Pamela T
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I wish I didn't live so far away - 2-3x a year we make the 1.5 hour drive for chicken at Chicken Annie's. Nothing fancy - just good food! Onion rings are a must! My family likes all parts of the chicken and so everyone is happy. We have never gotten any other sides except for German potato salad and German cole slaw. Perfect tangy compliment to the chicken! Been coming here for 20+ years and will keep coming back!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on a week night to meet friends and the place was very busy.
Seated promptly and friends were late,staff was very good and patient while we waited.
Chicken was very good and portions were good.
Plenty of choices,fair prices.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

First time there in about 20-years. It was ok, but I think the night we went there were a lot of large groups and they were understaffed. The food came out a little slow and some of our party was still waiting for their order when everyone else was finished. I assumed they tried to make it right, but I don't have first hand knowledge of that. The food was ok, but not like I remember. Probably going to try Chicken Mary's next time, though.