“Disappointed”

Johnny's Tavern
Ranked #128 of 555 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited this place one other time when I was in town and liked it a lot. This time, they were really busy but was able to seat us right away. They never mentioned anything about the kitchen being backed up until we waited about 50 min and still had no food. I mentioned to the waiter maybe he could bring us chips and salsa because everyone was starving. He kind of brushed my comment off and walked off. He comes back to tell us that we are next up for food. We got our food about an hour after ordering. Not one manager ever stopped by our table to see how we were. My friend didn’t like her drink and waiter just said I’m sorry. Most places would say can I get you something else. My friends quesadilla was cold. I felt bad because I picked the place and my friends were not happy. Maybe a manager visit or complimentary chips might have soothed things over.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Have been eating here for 23 years. Great food, great staff. But remember parents of young kids, this is a bar. Not a place for young kids that might hear something offending and just as much a place for adults to go and not have kids running around everywhere.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Met a group of friends for happy hour and surprised at how many items for a bar/restaurant. Nice selection of sandwiches, salads and entrees and reasonably priced. Happy hour has wines half off on Wednesday and beers are cheap. Service is good and having the patio seating is a plus except allow smoking.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Apple walnut salad, was suppose to be 'mixed greens' but all I got was romaine, if I had know it was going to be all romaine I wouldn't have ordered, just wanted a salad with 'mixed greens'.
I also got a bonus, the 'butt' of the romaine, that big whitish clump at the end/base of the lettuce, oh yum.....

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Good burgers - I had the Southwestern with the chipotle sauce. Fries tasted like they had been frozen a few days too long, left sitting after frying a little too long, or both. Service was adequate although not stellar. Wide variety of extreme sports on a decent number of flat-screen TV's was probably the highlight. Not a place I would go out of my way to eat at, but if I accidently wind up in that plaza again, why not?

Date of visit: April 2017