“It's a bar!!!”

Johnny's Tavern
Ranked #123 of 537 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Have been eating here for 23 years. Great food, great staff. But remember parents of young kids, this is a bar. Not a place for young kids that might hear something offending and just as much a place for adults to go and not have kids running around everywhere.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Met a group of friends for happy hour and surprised at how many items for a bar/restaurant. Nice selection of sandwiches, salads and entrees and reasonably priced. Happy hour has wines half off on Wednesday and beers are cheap. Service is good and having the patio seating is a plus except allow smoking.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Apple walnut salad, was suppose to be 'mixed greens' but all I got was romaine, if I had know it was going to be all romaine I wouldn't have ordered, just wanted a salad with 'mixed greens'.
I also got a bonus, the 'butt' of the romaine, that big whitish clump at the end/base of the lettuce, oh yum.....

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Good burgers - I had the Southwestern with the chipotle sauce. Fries tasted like they had been frozen a few days too long, left sitting after frying a little too long, or both. Service was adequate although not stellar. Wide variety of extreme sports on a decent number of flat-screen TV's was probably the highlight. Not a place I would go out of my way to eat at, but if I accidently wind up in that plaza again, why not?

Reviewed 10 January 2017

I came here with some friends for drinks & also had an appetizer.
The service was good. The server came by several times to check on our group to see if anybody needed aanything.
I shared an appetizer - potato skins & they were ok.