“Awesome Chicken Fried Chicken”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #104 of 545 Restaurants in Overland Park
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Cheddars out does itself with the chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and southern style seasoned green beans. We ALWAYS must get the onion rings here (and we seldom ever get appetizers anywhere!). We don't do the regular "dessert" as we love the hot croissants with butter dripping off of them and that is our dessert. Light and so tasty. We've always had great service at this Cheddars (next to Oak Park Mall) and it's always packed with people - very popular place. No wonder because it's so reasonably priced and oh, so good. We both get the dinner portion of the chicken fried chicken (2 huge chicken breasts) and take 1/2 of it home as another meal. This is a family friendly place and one of our most favorites restaurants ever. Everything I've had at this Cheddars is excellent.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

The waiter was very nice and attentive. The food was terrible for the most part. The onion ring appetizer was good. Not served super hot, but good flavor. The Philly and the Monte Cristo sandwiches were horrible. Really bad. I don't think it was done incorrectly, it was just bad. Won't go again.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Having previously worked in restaurants (nearly 20 years) I am a very patient customer and always try to consider what my server might be dealing with. But the service at this Cheddars was ridiculous! Not only could we not find our server, or get what we needed after asking multiple times, another server was neglecting his tables somewhere while he sat at the table next to us for at least 10 minutes flirting with a couple girls. Food was good, but front of the house needs some major work. I have NEVER not tipped...until tonight.

1  Thank T H
Reviewed 14 March 2017

My family and I have enjoyed Cheddar's for years, but I noticed the quality of the service to be on the decline within the last year or so. We recently dined here and were treated to brusk, rushed service with missing food items and food served out of order. Never received an asked for beverage, water was not refilled in a timely manner and was roughly placed on the table when it was, salad served after the entree was presented, wine presented long after food arrived, croissants never delivered.... The waiter was pleasant, but rushed and distracted. This place is always busy, but I am afraid that management is letting the press of business get in the way of the quality and attentiveness of service. Not a good recipe for continued success!

1  Thank Rider0
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Cheddars is our 'Go To' on Sundays after church. The food is excellent. If you have not had the chicken pot pie, with croissant and honey butter (and salad), do yourself a favor; you won't be sorry. Another favorite is the grilled salmon with bourbon sauce (ask for extra sauce, it's sooo good). The selection of sides includes most everyone's favorites and therein lies the problem...what to order...now available, the loaded baked potato. The service has always been fast, even though we sometimes have had to wait for a table if we arrive past 12:15. But that to me is a good sign, as it is a popular place for the church crowd. I'm sure there are 'down' times, but I have yet to be there during those times. The prices are more than reasonable, but the one thing on their menu that keeps me coming back...the option of having lunch portions vs dinner portions. Sometimes you want a lot...sometimes you don't.