All reviewsthe club loungefront deskroom servicestarbucks coffeekansas cityoutdoor patioself parkingdance competitionnice hotelhotel restaurantup to datebusiness tripnice staybusiness travelersoccer tournamenteasy accessbed was comfortable
Reviewed 14 December 2014

I attended a business meeting at this hotel very recently and was impressed. Without requesting it, I had been upgraded to the Club Level (the top 4 floors), which provide a gorgeous view.
Theroom (including the bathroom)was spotless and friendly, though I would have liked a small refrigerator and more user-friendly charging outlets.
The ground floor restaurant and bar were attractive, with good food, drink at reasonable prices. All the staff members I talked to were friendly and helpful without being obsequious -- a delicate balance.
When I mentioned some of my suggestions in an e-mail survey, I got an almost immediate response from the manager, thanking me and promising to address the outlet issue in an upcoming update/renovation project.
While I am an old Marriott customer, I would certainly have no hesitations to book this (and the West Des Moines) Sheraton,both of which have provided me with very pleasant stays recently.

Room Tip: Club level is quieter and comes with added perks (bathrobe, clubl lounge, hot breakfast, and more)
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Franz B
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. It’s always nice to receive suggestions for improvements and praise when we exceed your expectations. As mentioned we are working with our designer to begin phase one of our room renovation next year and we will pay attention to your suggestions about additional plugs and refrigerators in our rooms. I will share your comments with the team in our morning operations meeting.
Have a great Holiday and Safe Travels.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

Seamless stay. Bathroom amenities a bit Spartan and no honor bar. However had access to the club lounge and that was pleasant. No comp on alcohol but everything else was free. Both Caesars salads and Asian salad were fresh and healthy.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the property, our club level, and our food and beverage outlets. I was disappointed to hear you felt the bathroom amenities a bit Spartan, the good news here is that the Sheraton Brand Team is working on a new amenity program that should be out soon. We will also be renovating our Club Level Guest Rooms and Executive Floors next year.
Thanks again for taking the time to extend your feedback as this is truly the way we learn from our customers. Have a great Holiday and Safe Travels.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Wow, what an impressive experience. Check-in was a breeze. And the facilities? Well, it's an upscale Sheraton! I came with a large group in tow and they handled our stay perfectly...even went above and beyond to provide free wi-fi for a few of the rooms in our group. Breakfast buffet was a little pricy, but food quality was on par. Large sitting areas throughout. Awesome centrally located bar! Will stay again when I'm in the area! Free parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed the events held with us and how impressed you were with our service. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.
Happy Holidays and Safe Travels

Reviewed 1 December 2014

Our stay couldn't have been better. I usually stay at Four Seasons Hotels because we enjoy the better service, but this hotel is right in line if you like that type of service/family feeling. The Valet guys are super friendly, prompt, and caring about your luggage/vehicle. The front desk is warm and welcoming (unlike some where they try to avoid you). The Club Lounge has a high quality breakfast and snacks that are always well stocked/hot as the ladies are running around servicing all your needs (and its included). The room is clean/neat, pool and workout facitlity is updated and nice. Last the hotel bar is a great spot to chill with lots of seating/tvs. You can't find a better bang for your buck. Its refreshing to feel that someone cares about your stay.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett B
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as this is how we improve our operations. I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I will bring your comments to the attention of those concerned. We look forward to your return visit.
Happy Holidays and Safe Travels.

Reviewed 24 November 2014

I just had two nights in the Sheraton. I liked it. The hotel service was good. The king size bed was comfortable. Wifi was free and allowed 3 devices. They room had everything I needed.

The hotel had a lot of other things, restaurants, bar, health club, and other amenities. I did not sample any of them but my colleagues were satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Keith S
BruceBoettcher, Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

Hello from the Sheraton Hotel in Overland Park Kansas. It’s great hearing that you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback. Happy Holidays and Safe Travels.