“Easter menu”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 495 Restaurants in Overland Park
Price range: USD 31 - USD 60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 89th
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Chocolate Velvet Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner 7 days a week and lunch banquets. Reservations are recommended
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

There was a limited Easter menu, when we visited with my parents.

We also went a few weeks prior, and I enjoyed the Friday mixed grill seafood dinner.

Casual to dressy, romantic, soft light dinning. Great for dinner with close friends, family or date night.

This is the place to go to for great meat/steak options!!!

Wait staff have great knowledge of wine and enhance dinning experience.

Come hungry, and best to make reservations.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to J. Gilberts and I am glad I wasn't disappointed. I ate at the bar as I was in Overland Park, Kansas on business. Had the sea scallops over lobster risotto with some asparagus and it was very good! Tried a little of the bread as well which was good and is huge...almost bread bowl style. They have a pretty extensive wine list. I had good and attentive service at the bar. If I am back in the area I will come again.

1  Thank DNice18
Reviewed 12 June 2017

My wife and I don't have any huge complaints about our dinner experience. We each had two cocktails that were well crafted. My wife had an enormous salad before the main course. I had the crab cakes and my wife had scallop risotto. The mashed potatoes on my plate were really good as was her risotto. The main dish (crab and scallop) were just okay. For the prices of these dishes, they could have been more flavorful.

Service was good and there was a nice environment, including a nice jazz combo in the bar area.

1  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

The food, service, and atmosphere is impeccable. I cannot say enough good things about their steaks which are prepared perfectly every time with the most delicious seasoning. I highly recommend trying their house made steak sauce, although it is not needed. I usually order the scallops and they are perfection. The prix fix menu is wonderful if you want all courses for a truly reasonable price. This is by far my favorite steakhouse in Kansas City.

1  Thank Noel M
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

They do have a kids menu if you ask. The food is very good. The mashed potatoes and roasted carrots were awesome. Everyone was happy with their meal. Deserts were very good also. It is very pricey but we do like it. Waitress was a bit snide at first but then was very nice. Will definitely visit again.