“Easy access To KCMO and the tri-city area .... and quiet.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed 25 April 2015

We stayed there for 5 nights primarily because it was a pet-friendly property (reasonable extra charge) and centrally located for our purposes. All of the staff were friendly and helpful ... and attentive to any concerns I brought up; which were two. It's an older property but it provides for what a hotel is supposed to provide: clean comfortable beds, clean bathrooms with functioning equipment, and television to provide local news, weather, entertainment, and Game of Thrones. Breakfast offered a wide selection of healthy choices. We had no problems with HK, so much so that I left a tip ... something I do not normally do. The woman at the front desk was pleasant, as was the gentleman who had taken our reservations, as was the manager, as were the HK staff with whom I interacted on a daily basis. I used to work Front Desk for Holiday Inn and Days Inn as well as in Banquets for Marriott Renaissance Hotels: this particular property does not, in my opinion, deserve some of the negative reviews pertaining to particular persons. I did not encounter such people.
The singular problem, of epic proportions if you're twelve or bodily hard-wired to a computer, is Wi-Fi accessibility. The bandwidth is minimal: 2 bars on a good day. But since we did not travel 1200 miles to Facebook every moment of our experiences, I did not bring it up to the staff. However, Generation X,Y, or whatever might consider this the start of Armageddon ....
It was an enjoyable stay with an opportunity to meet some interesting people "at work"; what travel is mostly about, anyway.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Celticpole

Reviewed 22 March 2015

You get what you pay. HORRIBLE customer service, particularly by one of the guys (he even said to one of his coworkers "welcome to my nightmare.") he got upset at my husband for asking for waffles at breakfast (morning before the other person in the counter brought some for us), and when my little son said something very loud at the table ONCE, he yield back at him to shut him up (although he was louder in doing so). Again, you get what you pay for. If you are planning to enjoy you stay don't come here...

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank SolMM
Reviewed 22 March 2015

When I first entered the office it seemed nice until I seen the woman behind the counter who was dressed as if she was going out to a club (not impressed) as I was at the counter another man walked out of a back room who came behind the counter and was very hateful to the woman and smelled of alcohol (next morning I looked at the door he came out and he was a marketing manager) I got my room key entered my room and was horrified the room smelled of mold and mildew I pulled the comforter back and the under blanket was full of burn holes (I was in a non smoking room) and lots of hair i pulled back the under blanket and the flat and fitted sheets both covered in stains. the soap on the sink looked like it had been there for weeks it was still wrapped but it was dirty. The bathtub looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks the faucet had corrosion build up on it around the drain was rusty and there was mold on the shower curtain. the towels had stains as well. the cable was horrible you would be in the middle of a show and it would just cut out for a few minutes. I went to the closest Walmart and purchased my own sheets blanket and towels along with some Lysol spray to kill anything that might have been on the nasty mattress. there was multiple holes in the walls and even in the ceiling and I noticed as I was going up the stairs that they had pieces of 2x4 holding the steps up in place (I am sure that is a safety hazard) The next day when the housekeeping staff showed up it was 9am and did not even give me a chance to get to the door before they walked in and when I said something to the housekeeper she was rude and snapped at me and told me I needed to hurry because she had things to do (check out is 11am) When I went to check out the same woman was at the front desk again in what I would consider club wear Harley boots and a really short plaid school girl skirt with a shirt that was a few sizes to small because she was spilling out of it in every direction and again had to listen to the "marketing manager" belittle the woman yet again and still smelling of alcohol. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy it needs to be shut down by the health department and building codes enforcement. for almost $70 a night this was not worth it I could have stayed at motel 6 payed less and had a better experience

Room Tip: do not stay here unless you want a horrible experience
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa w
Reviewed 14 November 2014

The person that was working the front dest in the afternoon that i checked in was giving me the impression that he didn't want to be working there and in what i believe was the breakfast area i believe i saw a child sleeping in chairs that were arranged to make a makeshift bed. I don't know what the situation really was about but I'm not concerned about that. When i did check out in the morning the attitude from the front desk person working that morning was a complete opposite from the person in the afternoon. I will be coming back but i just hope not to run into that same person that checked me in on that day

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shawn L
Reviewed 29 October 2014

The room was not cosy but it was clean. Nice housekkeping and the beds are comfortable. Because of traveling a lot I don't remember the lobby and the staff.
(changing hotels everydaY) pICS TELLS US A LOT. I can reccomend to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olathe
3.6 km away
3.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Olathe
8 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!