“Good BBQ”

Smokin' Joe's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #29 of 269 Restaurants in Olathe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 22 April 2018

This is just a small hole in the wall location which has very tasty and good BBQ. Don't overlook this Mom and Pop location. I took my Step Granddaughter and we were very pleased. Service was very good and the portions very filling.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Great service and even better food! If you're expecting a froo-froo atmosphere, they don't have it. If you're expecting amazing bar-b-que, you'll be happy. Pulled pork, burnt end tips, and the best ribs! Awesome slaw and bar-b-que beans (not baked beans with sauce thrown in). It's not cheap (or expensive) but you will receive very healthy portions. Go out of your way to eat at Smokin' Joe's in Olathe. You will not be dissappointed!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Smokin Joes has been around for years in Central Olathe. Great smoked meats and sides. They also do a super job with catering special events. Matt the owner is a great guy. They recently renovated their facility inside and out, nice upgrade

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stopped into this BBQ restaurant through the use of Google search for BBQ restaurants near me, during a recent trip to Olathe, Kansas. Can't say that I was overly impressed. There are some very good BBQ places in the Kansas City area, so, this place has a lot of good competition. The food was just so-so. I ordered the brisket sandwich special. The meat was way too dry. Ordered a single rib to go along with the sandwich, just to try out their ribs. It was tough and very fatty. I couldn't eat it and I love ribs! (Glad i didn't order a rib platter!!) I will say that the portions were ample. Anyway, This is not a place that I would recommend. There are too many really good BBQ places in the Kansas City area that are much better than this! Sorry but in the Kansas City area, average will not do when it comes to BBQ!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is one of the very few BBQ joints I will actually buy from, all of the other places short change you on portions. I've been coming to this restaurant since about 2003 and will continue to do so.

Been to Smokin' Joe's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!