“good sushi”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 3 August 2017

yes, the sushi is great here. That seems to be the reason someone would come...stick with sushi. But even the sushi meals are a little strange...choose either miso soup or a side salad. It seems that the standard is to get both with a meal. How expensive are those add ons? Oh wait, a side salad is listed as $4 and miso soup listed as $1.95. The fruity sushi can be kind of sweet and more like dessert. Portion is not the same as in a meal. And yes, the beautiful plating has to be mentioned.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I am in Olathe, KS for business. Took a whim and tried Sake out - great choice! First night had the Maki B entree - very fresh and plate prepared beautifully. Second night, I had coworkers come with me. We all enjoyed our entrees! We all got two Specialty Rolls. I had the Lemonade Roll (will get again!!!) and the Dark Angel (also very good, not my personal favorite). Will be back! Thanksb

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I have been here many many times and the Sushi has always been well prepared. They always have served me great food and it is always presented uniquely. If in Olathe or surrounding area go here for Sushi. Their house salad dressing is amazing.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Sake does look a bit scary from the outside, but through the doors is a whole different atmosphere. The atmosphere is very calming and clean. They have a varied menu and do offer many dishes that are not sushi related. I am not the biggest sushi fan, so I ordered the crab rangoon and sesame chicken. The rangoon's were very tasty and the sesame chicken was also very good, although pretty typical to other generic Chinese/Asian restaurants. The plates were beautifully made, and I got a few glimpses of the sushi boats and the decorations were beautiful!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I didn't even know this place existed. Last I recall, this was a bar in the back of the strip mall. I walked over from the Hampton Inn.
I didn't realize that it was AYCE night in the restaurant. That wasn't until I ordered food in the bar which took over 40 minutes to prepare. I ordered the Sashimi Box 10 pc for $22.95. The bartender asked if I wanted fried rice with that which I did. I didn't realize until the bill came that they charge an extra $1.95. I must have missed that on the menu.
I also ordered the sake flight of 3. The bartender apologized for the long wait and made up for it by getting me the sake flight of 5. It was excellent.
The Sashimi box is quite filling for 1 person. Comes with sushi and sashimi as well as crab rangoon. Mondays seem to be quiet there in the bar.