All reviews extended stay hotel stayed here front desk interstate highway kansas city area enjoyable stay staff was very friendly and helpful recliner cs target
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I stayed here when visiting a friend. The staff was awesome!!!! they went out of their way to help me with information about the area (im from California) they also helped with finding places to eat. my room was clean and neat they did have an old chair but it wasn't a big deal .

Room Tip: the 2nd floor is where i stayed it was quite
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I stay 100+ nights a year in IHG hotels. This is the last time I will stay in a Candlewood. No one in office. 15 minutes waiting for someone to take care of us. They changed my reservation. I needed 2 beds. They said they had "upgraded " us, except the upgrade had a pull out. Nobody wants to sleep on a crappy pull out couch.
Seriously bad. Not coming back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CharlesClark1
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Hello CharlesClark1

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Candlewood Suites Olathe, KS. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 December 2016

The staff, cleanliness and convenience of this hotel are very good. But this hotel has been neglected by Candlewood. Carpet is old and dirty. Recliners in rooms have cracks, splits and bare spots exposing foam padding. Yet this is one of higher priced hotels in area. Only difference between Candlewood and others is a full size fridge and a two burner cooktop. There is NO daily housekeeping and NO free breakfast. I had to dump my own trash and pay extra for housekeeping any more frequent than once a week.

Stayed: November 2016
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Kat B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our location and we certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our staff and hotel cleanliness. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our amenities and house keeping service. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for evaluation.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed there two nights on a business trip. Room was clean and a good size. Had a full size refrigerator. Basic cooking and eating utensils. They did provide dish detergent. There was a dishwasher, two burner stove and microwave. Room needed serious updating. Carpet had several worn out spots. Easy chair was ragged and worn. Furniture and cabinets are basic and outdated. Lots of contractors stay there and park their large vehicles in front of the hotel and driveway.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rfaala
Christina B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate your comments regarding a clean room. Our hotel might not be the newest hotel in the neighborhood but it is certainly one of the cleanest. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and believe we can achieve that by offering a clean room and our exceptional customer service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The hotel is just off the highway...literally. After wading through a sea of smokers in front of the entry door, chances are you will be greeting by a sign to call a phone number instead of a real person (the desk is frequently not staffed). The response to the phone call must also be bad since the sign said to continue to let the phone ring until someone answers.

Once you get a room, highway side rooms are horribly noisy with the highway just outside the window.The furnishing are very worn with both the desk chair and lounge chair being ripped. The carpet is very soiled and impregnated with foreign material. The rest of the room was reasonably clean. The bed was ROCK HARD. The floor had about as much give as the bed.

This property is quickly becoming shabby and well on its way to being a budget extended stay brand.

Internet...don't even bother. It was so slow that even Google Maps was unuseable. I used my cell phone as a hot spot to find a room at another property...I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Zak Z
Christina B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear Traveler,

We are sorry that your overall experience was less than what it should have been. We understand the importance of accommodating a guests request whenever possible and I am truly sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a non highway side room upon your check in. I hope that you will give Candlewood Suites or other IHG Hotels a try again.