“Very pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Tough to find something other than beef in the heart of cattle country, but this seemed like it might be a good bet. The restaurant is in an old restored depot building. Furnishings are a bit dated, but the architecture is nice. Service was very attentive, but there weren't many dining on a Monday night. The garlic rolls were good, as was the house Chianti. I had the special of spinach ravioli and a side salad. The salad was fresh, if a bit simple. The ravioli came out super hot, so it took a few minutes before I could attempt to eat it. It was very good, though. My wife had the salmon Siciliano. It was very good, but huge. The included photo was the remaining half after she had eaten as much as she could. Would eat here again

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Delicious eggplant parmigiana! Lovely to have a good sit down meal after driving all day. Good merlot and beer!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Recommended by the clerk at the hotel we were staying at. Excellent service. Easy to find. Server recommended my husband and I share a meal since the portions were large. Couldn’t decide what to have so decided on a trio combo. Very good. Bread was excellent!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Even though they close at 10pm, they sat our family at 940 pm anyway. Great food. The service was iffy, but I think it was because our waitress was busy doing side work to get out of there. Veal was great. I wanted a refill on my drink, but no server. Waited a long time for our check, no server. So we just went to the cashier. Staff was nice. Food was excellent. Great décor.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was recommended by a local for Italian. Walked in on a Monday and it was about 50% full so got a table right away. By 7:00 I was alone. Apparently a show started at 7.

Recommend the marinara sauce with what ever you get. Quite nice and not too oily. Not at all spicy. Complementary bread was press, warm and great with the marina sauce (+$2 and well worth it)

Starter salad was average.

My main was Cannelonni which I enjoyed. I admit I do not have that dish often so cannot compare but I enjoyed it.

Wine list is decent. Not as many Italians as you might expect. Only 1 by the glass this particular night.

All the staff and particularly my server (Ibeth) very attentive and friendly.

A good choice for a relaxed dinner.

Been to Ruffino's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!