“Clean, nice hotel with great amenitites.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa

Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lenexa
Oklahoma!
“Clean, nice hotel with great amenitites.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

I'll start by saying that I am a fan of extended stay hotels anyway. This suburban is a quality hotel, at a value price. The kitchen in my room was great, everything was clean and people were great. This isn't a 5 star hotel by any stretch, but the price is right for a very nice clean, fairly new i think, hotel room with a kitchen.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times and it was great when it first opened but has gone downhill due to poor management. The man at the front dest was drunk at 10:00a.m., loud and rude. There was no hot water when checking out another guest mentioned it and the front dest guy started yelling at him. The night before the front desk lady said the manager was to cheap to call in a plumber and pay weekend rates to have the problem fixed. Bed frame is a square box w/ a sheet of ply wood over it and then the matress which is a killer on the back. I am 45 with no back problems but you will wake up with them. I do love it is pet friendly even though I do not have a dog. Great WIFI but only 1 luggage cart and no pool.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank happytillie
Moore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Our family stayed two nights at this Suburban Inn. As I was checking in, two patrons came to the desk to report their room was not clean. Their complaint sounded simple enough...I thought housekeeping had simply overlooked a room. Happens in the best of places...

At first glance, our room looked fine. We unpacked and left for the evening. Upon return late that night, my wife found a lollipop stick stuck on the carpet just under the edge of our bed. She loosened it and disposed of in a trash. We went to bed quickly as it'd been a long day.

The next morning she found even more candy and wrappers further under the edge of our bed. Worse, she found dried blood on both beds. Like the candy, it was not ours. Looking closer she found a stain that looked like blood in the pattern of one of the bedspreads. The spots were not large, and fortunately they were not near where anyone had slept.

I reported the situation to the morning clerk, who remained non-chalant during my description. He mumbled the cleaning crew would care for it that afternoon.

We left for a full day of activities and returned mid-evening to find nothing had been done to our room. My wife and I both visited the front desk. The evening clerk was indignant we'd been put in such a position and arranged for an immediate move. She inspected the new room before we relocated, and promised to show the problem to the hotel manager the next morning.

The same morning clerk checked us out the next day, and was amazed to learn we'd been moved.

This is a fairly new property, and I truly think the management and most of the staff is trying to provide a good guest experience. The morning clerk, however, either didn't believe our report, or didn't think it warranted effort on his part.

ON THE PLUS SIDE: The place is new and the beds were comfortable. It *is* an attractive building and the rooms are tastefully decorated. The kitchenettes are nice, even for folks staying only a night or two. (We always seem to have leftovers from restaurants...it's nice to actually be able to keep them for a later meal.)

Most of the staff was friendly and efficient. Of course, there was an exception... And the rate was very reasonable for the size of room.

ON THE MINUS SIDE: The hotel apparently has a housekeeping problem. We saw it first-hand, and heard about another incident at check-in. Moreover, certain comments overheard through our stay tended to indicate this in an ongoing issue.

Also, the property is "central to everything, but not close to anything". It's nestled among warehouses in a business district, immediately next to an Interstate highway. The closest restaurants and shopping are five miles away. Traffic was heavy and drivers were aggressive day and night, weekday and weekend. Getting to other locations required a fair amount of time.

The isolation could be an advantage for someone looking to stay several weeks. Next time we're in the area, we'll look at one of the other hotels that's closer to amenities.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

All in all I was pretty satisfied with my stay here. The room was reasonably clean and quite spacious for the price, the bed was comfortable, the water pressure was good, and it was fairly quiet most nights. Also, the wifi was free, and the speed was quite acceptable. I had no connection issues at all (but my room was right next to an access point, so YMMV).

That said -- there were some minor, but irritating, issues.

No kleenex in the room, and when I asked at the desk they told me they were "transitioning to new ownership" and the new owner hadn't decided where to buy supplies at yet, so they didn't have any... little odd. I also had to request coffee, since all that was in the room was one packet of decaf. They didn't have any sweetener or anything of that sort in the room or available at the desk... usually even the cheapest crappiest motels have those little packets with a stirrer, napkin, and a packet of something to sweeten stuff.

No housekeeping service during a weekly stay is expected, but most hotels make some provision for picking up of trash. This place didn't. Also, there was only one small trash can in the bathroom, nothing in the kitchen or bedroom area. I suppose I could have carried the trash to the lobby or something, but that seems a bit silly.

The insulation between the rooms to either side seemed fairly adequate... I didn't hear much noise from the sides, except a barking dog one night. But floor-to-floor is a different story. Two nights and one morning I had to call down to the desk to complain about... I'm not even sure if it was pets or children, but I assume children... continually, repeatedly, running around in the room above mine. It sounded like someone was beating on a drum suspended from the ceiling.

Also, be prepared to return to an unpleasantly stuffy and hot room. There's some kind of motion sensor that shuts off the AC if you're out for a while. While I applaud the energy savings and being green, it should cycle the thing every hour or so to keep the place from being incredibly unpleasant when you return.

The location of the hotel was good for me, very close to the friend I was visiting. If you're coming to visit Kansas City, MO though, it's a bit out of the way.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

We were coming to the KC area and had troubl finding a hotel with vacancy during the weekend we were going to be there (lots going on in the city that weekend). I called and talked with an employee at Suburban Ex Stay, who was very helpful. He patiently answered my questions. We booked a room--for much less than what I had found anywhere else.
This is a "no frills" hotel-no pool, no workout room, no breakfast, however the rooms were very nice and clean, beds were very comfortable, room had full size frig, microwave, stove top, wireless internet, cold air (it was very hot while we were there). This hotel is located in more of a "industrial area" and there is really nothing in the immediate area, other than an convience store, however it didnt take us long to get to shopping, restaurants, attractions, etc. It conviently located right off the freeway.
I wanted to post, b/c I rely heavily on sites like this when going to a new place. I was very please with my stay at this hotel and would do it again. It was perfect accomodations for us as we were in our room very little.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
2.4 km away
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
3.1 km away
2.1 km away
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
3.2 km away
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa? Share your experiences!