“Good BBQ, the type I try to make at home”

Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have a Big Green Egg at home, and great BBQ is goal. When traveling through KC, Joe's is the place to stop for great BBQ that I can't get at home. I did ribs and chicken with beans. Honestly, I like the chicken best, but ribs were good. Wife had brisket and loved it (as she told me several times). This is the place for good BBQ, but please, call in advance to save the time in line if you are taking out.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

There are a number of great BBQ places in and around KC, but Joe's KC in Leawood is the only one that I have found to have consistently great food and service. Priced right as well. Don't shy away if you see people standing in a line outside. Joe's somehow seems to get people through the restaurant quickly. Burnt End Wednesdays and Saturdays are a great time to dine at Joe's.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Whenever visitors come to town and say they want the best BBQ in town, this is where I take them. The food is consistently excellent and the service is spot on. IMO the ribs are the best, but their lighter options (ie: pulled chicken salad) is fantastic.
Keep up the great work Joe's.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Drive, ride or walk to Joe’s for the Z-man sandwich. Delicious bbq topped with a onion ring makes it a perfect sandwich . Joes isn’t fancy- you walk up and order and they quickly get your items together with efficiency. Sauces at the table and a perfect pickle make for a wonderful meal . My second fave option is the baked beans. They’re smoky, thick and filling (rivaled only by Rosedale’s in KCK).

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I was at the Overland Park golf show and I have some friends in the area so we got together for dinner and at their suggestion we went to Joe's Kansas City. We got there just before 6pm Friday and walked right in. We both had the ribs and pulled pork with fires and I also added on creamy Coleslaw. Wow the ribs were so good, perfect flavor with enough meat on the ribs to be filling. The meal i ordered comes with 3 ribs and a serving of pulled pork. I would recommend Joe's Kansas City to anyone looking for great BBQ. I do want to say that by the time we departed the line was to the door with people waiting to order and be seated, so go early if possible.