All reviews room overlooking the park centennial park free breakfast is ice machine room was spacious dryer campus pet
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights. Free breakfast is actually better than expected though not every item was always available. Hotel itself is older, they've been doing some renovations. While we were there, the parking lot was being redone which meant you could not park easily at all times... But renovations are needed! Room was clean, staff very friendly. Workout room was not available but pill was open and hotel is right by centennial Park that had disc golf course and playground.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kdschielke
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel looks worse outside than it does on the inside. It doesn't have horrible accommodations. They are in the middle of renovations, so I'm sure the hotel will be more desirable once they are complete. The front office staff was really nice, and room was clean and comfortable enough to get a good night sleep. If you're just passing through, and need an inexpensive comfortable option, this might be the move.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This review is for a family member that stayed. Location is difficult to get to, but the price was decent and Quality Inn has been good choices as of late - well not this time. Upon check in, renovations were being made and the hope was we would be in a room, that was completed - not in the midst of. Even then, the quality of the rooms were poor. The first thing that we noticed was a smell which continually became stronger. After taking a shower, we noticed that the smell was coming from the bathtub drain - moldy, rotten, water that was not draining and in fact, spewing up from the drain. Because the complaint was not made at the time, 11 p.m.; sorry, too late. No manager to talk to, in fact, the front desk staff ran away at 4 a.m. in the morning as he did not want to answer any questions or take the complaint. Therefore, we contacted Quality Inn corporate about the incident. They did say they would look into it. Very unprofessional staff and unwilling to take responsibility for poor workmanship in the renovations.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I should have known when this was the only hotel available to find a room out of Lawrence. The hotel is difficult to get into. Due to where it sits on the street you have to do a u turn to get there. No where on the website did it say we’re doing renovations to the facility. When we arrived there were boxes, construction workers and cords all along the hallway. It really was a safety hazard. The hallway walls were recently painted and they were installing new carpet. When we got into our room which we assume has been renovated it wasn’t much better. I almost walked out. The furniture in my room had holes in it and the Tv didn’t work. A worker knocked on our door as we were leaving an event they wanted to seal the 2 carpets. He & the hotel manager gave me attitude when that I didn’t want to leave my door open while they were fixing the carpet. I asked if it could be done the next day. The manager said no because it was Saturday. I only had coffee which was ok then next morning. The breakfast looked marginal. When they are done renovating it will be better but it will still not be worth the stay. Sorry to say but this hotel is below quality. I would have expected this if I had paid $39 but not what I needed up paying & I am a member of their frequent visitors club.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I travel seasonally with my dogs so am fine with somewhat run down hotels in the $50-$60 range with direct parking lot access. This is one of those. Pros: Pet-friendly, price, beds were comfortable, decent breakfast, room was quiet, halls didn’t smell like food like so many of these places do. Nice, well-lit park next door and Chinese & BBQ restaurants across the parking lot. Cons: Back door was exit only, carpet had a big stain, room heat was a little noisy and hard to get just right, and a visiting trucker had an extension cord running out a side exit door all night to his truck, so the building was not secure. Ask for a room overlooking the park if you don’t like parking lot headlights illuminating your window.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo