All reviews road construction room was clean ku campus hot tub parking lot indoor pool in town great place to stay king room would stay again waffles the breakfast area nice stay ku basketball desk clerk free breakfast western
Reviewed 27 October 2016

The hotel is split into two different buildings. 1 is a standard 3 story hotel with a pool. The second building is a disconnected 2 story motel. This is where I stayed. Room was ok, nothing fancy, no issues though either. Just pictures are deceiving on their website about the two building set up.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Patty D, General Manager at University Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Thank you for choosing the Best Western for your hotel needs. I can understand the issue with the pictures. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We were there during the recent homecoming weekend visiting with other family members. I would recommend this hotel. Breakfast was quite good and had a decent variety. The room was very nice as well. The indoor pool was great also. This hotel is very close to campus, which worked out well for us. The only problem I encountered that I feel worth reporting is that the computers in the business center were not interfacing with the printer, and so I was not able to print out airline boarding passes. One of the computers did not even seem to be connected to the internet. The desk staff was not as helpful as I would have expected. Instead of trying to fix the problem, I was told to email the hotel from the workstation and then they would print out the passes from the desk. This just seems a bit inconvenient. The next morning I tried it again and the system still didn't work. Upon having the desk print out the passes as suggested the previous evening, I noticed that the passes didn't print properly and so I had to wait until getting to the airport to get new ones. I really hope the hotel straightens out this (undoubtedly rather simple to fix) problem.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western when you came to town. I apologize for the inconveniences that you had with the computers. We are in the process of putting fiber optic in at the hotel and when we are finished, I hope to get new computers. I'm glad that you did not encounter any other issues and that you enjoyed our new breakfast. Be sure to stop in and say hi the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here a few nights when we took our daughter to college. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is located about a mile from Daisy Hill on the KU campus. The hotel is older and run down. They had a good variety of breakfast options. It was a disappointing experience.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. Our outside rooms are a little older, but we are in the process of renovating the rooms. I hope that you do come back and try us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

This is an older property, but has been updated inside. Bathroom was very nice. Beds were very firm. Lots of pillows. The wall unit for AC/heat was noisier than many, so it would have been distracting from our sleep if we'd needed it; fortunately, it was a cool night and we were fine with it off. And the full breakfast is appreciated. Our only big problem was the wifi. Slowest I've experienced in quite a while. It kept kicking me off at 9 in the evening and took minutes (really, more than 60 seconds) to retrieve an email with pictures. It was still slow at 3am when I tried again, but it didn't kick me off then.

We won't stay here again unless we know they've upgraded their wifi.

Room tip: If you reserve through a third party website, call the hotel to be sure you got (or didn't get) a non-smoking room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Best Western. I am so sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered while staying with us. We are in the process of updating our internet and we are having fiber optic installed at this time. So next time you stay with us, you should have no trouble with your internet. I do look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Needed a good night sleep to get back on the road the next morning. Were placed in the Annex, separate building from the main building. Just wanted to shower, watch a little TV, get a good sleep and move on. Bathroom had hairs on the floor and in the sink. Toilet paper rolls - both were almost empty. TV and internet did not work - reported it, jiggled cords multiple times (as was suggested) and thanks for the offer to have it repaired tomorrow - when we leave. Sheets were pilled and uncomfortable. I cleaned off a 12 inch splatter of something like toothpaste on the wall beside the bed. Carpet torn inside the entry - yes, once things go bad you start to notice all that is not good but might have been overlooked if basics were there. Breakfast was great.

Room tip: Try to stay in main building, not the Annex which is more like a motel room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western. I am sorry for all of the issues that you encountered during your stay. I will pass this on to my Housekeeping Manager for training purposes. I do hope that you come back and stay with us in the future.