All reviews bird dog valet parking football stadium ku campus student union pizza place beautiful hotel college campus rooftop bar wooden shutters hot box sound machine ku basketball the lower level new construction field house restaurants and bars
Reviewed 4 May 2017

High school junior day brought our family to the Oread it's on the beautiful KU campus and convenient to everything on campus. Parking at the Oread should be free during junior at KU. I would stay at the Oread again the bed was comfortable.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

There was nothing really "wrong" with the Oread when I stayed there but I never really warmed up to the place. I had an extremely large clean room that was, rather awkwardly, bordered on two sides by hallways, on one side by a lounge area and on the forth side, by the window wall in my room facing to the outside. There was one very very small window in an otherwise very long wall. The bathroom was large and clean however it did not have a tub in it - only a glass-doored shower stall so no nice long soak for my bad aching back after a long drive. I found the castle-style ambience to be somewhat annoying as it was very dark throughout the hotel and the business meeting areas on floor B1 were extremely dark, difficult to navigate, and had hallways that were too narrow.

There was an attractive looking bar on the first floor, a college "fan" store on the first floor. Check-in was smooth and efficient, my room was clean, staff were pleasant (especially the parking valets), my bed was comfortable enough - this place just wasn't for me. I probably won't stay here again.

Room tip: I was in either 221 or 227 - having a tub would've made a world of difference.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Imagining Lawrence as a college town, this hotel far exceeded my expectations. Great lobby with a nice bar on the lower level. The rooftop was also open when we were there which provided a great view of Lawrence. There are several food options located either in the hotel or a very short walk away.

I stayed in room 422 with a view of the football stadium in the distance (fans not included). Nicely appointed room with a large, albeit sparse, bathroom/shower. My only suggestion for the staff is to provide a bottled water in the room. Lawrence tap isn't the best.

I hope to be back for a basketball game in the future and this is where I'll stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I love staying at The Oread and will continue to do so throughout my daughter's 4 years at the University of Kansas. The hotel is ideally situated on campus. It's architecture and decor are beautiful. The rooms are spacious and clean and food is very good. The amazing Crow's nest balcony on top of the hotel affords a beautiful view of the campus and surrounding area. A band performs weekends when the weather is warm. The service is excellent.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Hotel is nice, a bit like an "old castle" that they have updated. Rooms and bathrooms were nice, roomy, and clean. It was fun to look out your window and see the stadium! Also fun to go up on the roof and see all of campus. We parked on the street which is free on Saturday nights/Sunday rather than use valet. We stayed here and planned to watch the final four game here. We called a week before to make a reservation at the Bird Dog during the game and we were told they would not be taking any reservations. So, we went 2 1/2 hours before the game to make sure we got a table, and guess what......they were all reserved!!!!!! (so I'd be more persistent and call until you get the right person in the future). I was not too happy, but they had set up a back room with tables and T.V's so we were able to eat there during the game. It was fun to go down to hotbox cookies and get a treat late night.
We didn't hear anything in our rooms. Wi-fi was strong.

Room tip: higher floors have better views
Date of stay: March 2017