All reviews convention center marriott properties nice hotel strip mall for sale fort riley buy breakfast queen room mexican restaurant desk staff coffee maker would stay again cracker barrel right next door would recommend this hotel to anyone easy access short drive
Reviewed 13 December 2017

The site I checked rated this highly, so I booked based on that. Nice location, no problem there. Not far of I-70, easy to find, several places to eat within easy driving distance if you count fast food. Nice large convention center facility. Large, inviting lobby and seating area and what appeared to be nice meeting / ball rooms on one wing.

BEWARE there is no complimentary breakfast, which is OK because there is a Bistro onsite that looked very inviting. Well, sort of. I was there 5 days on business and the Bistro was open one (yes, one) of those. The breakfast looked poor enough that I left and went to Starbucks. On the one night that it was open, the barista was super nice and accommodating - she just didn't have much to work with. Every morning our group would ask at the desk, be assured that the Bistro would be open, and then act very surprised that it had not been the day/night before. Did no one notice??

On to the rooms ... nicely decorated but just adequate - I booked a king with sofa which I expected to be comfortable for a week's stay. Yup ... nope. It had everything bed, sofa, desk, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, you name it ... crammed in to an inadequately sized space where you knocked your knee on something every time you turned around. Probably OK for a one-night stay.

Small bathroom/vanity set up - not good if you had a roomie. But the toilet on the other side of a half wall was nice. Mirror over the vanity and the other on the back side of the bathroom door - hello?? There is usually a full length mirror outside the bathroom that doesn't steam up, plus would accommodate a second person.

And the housekeeping ... The shampoo and soap was not refreshed for two days straight; I finally had to ask for more at the front desk. My Kleenex ran out and I had to ask for more. That's was probably the crowning touch for me.

PROS: Comfortable bed, good night's sleep, adequate parking, decently priced - for a normal Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Laura C, General Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear HobNobbin,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Junction City.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you encountered during your stay. This is not the standard we hold ourselves to. We have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that this was an isolated issue.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Junction City.

Laura Cain

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The hotel was fine except for one thing: they want you to pay extra for breakfast. Having stayed in other Courtyards, we weren't expecting that. Fortunately, there is a Cracker Barrel nearby. Lessons learned: (1) not all Courtyards are operated the same, and (2) pay more attention to the amenities listed on lodging websites.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Arrived in the pouring rain and was waited on immediately. Got a room and didn't know what to expect, but it was so nice. Clean and comfortable beds. Clean bathroom.

There's no free breakfast with your room, but the items for sale in the lobby were convenient, not that expensive. The dining area is a decent size, so no problem getting a table.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel when were in Manhattan for a soccer tournament. This hotel was perfect - just 20 minutes from the fields. Very new and clean. Loved the lobby area- lots of comfortable seating and TVs. Wish the breakfast opened up a little earlier.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We were in Junction City, KS to funeralize my husband's mother. This is a fairly new hotel. We were pleased with the room (very clean) and the service we received. We were in town for 5 days and each day we were greeted as if we had just checked in. The service received at the Bistro was A+. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Junction City, KS.

Stayed: March 2017