All reviews comfort inn nice treat hot tub refrigerator and microwave off the highway ft riley bed was comfortable parking lot late check night stay rooms are clean staff was friendly ihop couch colorado desk soap
Reviewed 2 November 2017

First off , made a mistake on reservation and came a week early. Lady at desk said no problem and we called booking and got the old reservation cancelled and reset to the new date. All the time it was hard to listen to person for booking company, but she never complained or showed any sort of attitude. Room was extremely nice, clean, well laid out to equal hotel of $150 range. Breakfast was very good with good selection and the morning staff was pleasant. Talked to manager before leaving and she was happy with my thoughts. The person higher up should be proud of the staff and the great experience. Very important to me, but their coffee downstairs was the best I have had in hotels and room had new TV, new A/C unit, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker of style using individual coffee cups.

Room Tip: Just off hand saw some rooms that were handicap friendly by sign on door.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I would like to see TRip Advisor put the correct name up for this hotel. It's on Cestnut St just off the traffic circle. I wish we had stopped here first on our search for a hotel. Best Western wouldn't accept federal govt. rate, Candlewood doesn't have breakfast, the Marriott hotel has breakfast for a fee. This Comfort Inn was very very nice. Great employees, nice clean rooms, and a good breakfast. It is within walking distance of several restaurants, Starbucks, and Walmart. There is a pool, hot tub, and exercise room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Traveling back from Colorado and stopped for the night. I believe this hotel is in transition to another owner but don't let that stop you from staying here. Easy access to I70, the staff was friendly, the rooms clean and beds comfortable and the breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area. And I wish the new owners luck the are doing a good job.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I, like other reviewers, was not sure who owned the business. Signs outside were confusing. Very thin towels, a long walk to the ice machine (especially if disabled, as I was on this trip). The staff was nice when they were there.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Stayed here following the Symphony in the Flint Hills (wonderful event). The hotel is apparnetly in transition between brands (it was formerly a Choice hotel). A few good things. Great location right off the I-70 and as close as you could get to the event site for the Symphony. The staff at the desk, albeit lacking uniforms, were friendly, helpful folks. This is what we expected since this was not the cheapest place to stay in the vicinity.

The not so good. Staff was very young and inexperienced. We checked in at about 12:30pm, but the rooms were not available (no problem as check-in was not until 2 or 3 anyways). We returned at about 11:30pm after the concert. We had two rooms: one for my wife and me and one for a friend. We walked into our room and it apparently had not been cleaned as no sheets were on the bed and sheets and pillows were piled on the couch. We were given another room. This room had no toilet paper. We discovered our friend’s room had no towels or soap. The young man on staff that night was extremely apologetic and provided the necessary items (albeit they were pool towels and not regular bath towels). The staff member gave us a 15% discount for the trouble.

Given that the cleaning staff failed to replenish toilet paper, towels, or soap, or even finish cleaning the first room, I did not care to give the room a close inspection. We just went to bed trying not to think about what else they may not have cleaned.

To top it off, the hotel was completely out of coffee for the in-room coffeemakers. So had to shuffle down to the lobby first thing and get coffee from the breakfast bar. The breakfast consisted of cereal and toast. Nothing hot and no protein. There was an IHOP nearby, and all was well.

The transition between brands is not going well for this hotel and if they don’t take in the slack quick, the current owners may not be in business long enough to put up a new sign.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends