All reviewswestern kansashot tubbreakfast areanice hotelfront desk staffhi expressthe staff was extremely friendlynewer hotelcomfortable bedswater pressureindoor poolgreat stopsteak and shaketop floorother hotelsgreat place to staywe've stayed
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My wife, my boys, and I recently stayed here on our way to St. Louis from Denver.

I looked at the few other hotels in Goodland and really the only safe choice was Holiday Inn Express. I just did not feel comfortable bringing my family to the other hotels in this town.

Because this is the only hotel of its kind in Goodland and the closest competition is either in Burlington or Colby, you'd think they would let that get to their heads with the rates or being a bit more laid back on service and maintenance of the building. That just does not show here!

We arrived to a very warm greeting from Jan at the front desk. She got us checked in smoothly and assured us we would be taken care of.

We had a one-bedroom suite and it was very clean, spacious, and the bed was nice and comfortable too. There is enough room in that particular suite to let the kids run around after a long day on the road.

The pool area is kept very nice, the hot tub was a great temperature, and the breakfast featured lots of good stuff too.

For dinner, you don't have to go very far. Steak n Shake is just a quick walk away. This is great because Goodland also lacks in restaurants right there off their main I-70 exit #17!

I really can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel even though we were just there for one night (it's Goodland..who would want to vacation there anyway? just kidding I'm sure it's a nice town). It's spacious, they have everything you could want right there along with great service.

It was our first time staying at any Holiday Inn Express and this experience just greatly increased our chances of staying at others when that time comes!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Check in at the front counter was breeze with the help of Tim and Jan. They were amazing to deal with and entertaining as well. The beds were very comfy and the room was very clean. Breakfast was good and we liked the fact that you could get flavored water anytime and coffee, tea and hot chocolate even after the kitchen had closed for the day.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
goodlandhiexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. We're glad to hear that we could accommodate your needs and surprise you along the way as well. Our goal is to always go above and beyond our guests expectations and make sure all your needs are met. Tim and Jan along with the rest of the staff always find a way to make every day extra special. We hope the rest of your trip was great and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Clean, comfortable room with all the basics. There is a small shop in the lobby selling soft drinks, frozen meals and chips and candy.
Good coffee in the AM with breakfast.

The only problem we had was with the TV -it was stuck on one channel amd we arrived too late at night to be able to fix it.
Yes, I would recommend this hotel for a short stay while driving on I-70.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Just short of the western border of Kansas on I70. Good parking, pleasant room. Check in was a little slow due to computer issues. Receptionist kept a good sense of humor throughout.

Of all the hotels in this price range this brand has the best breakfast. Fo no miss out on the cinnamon buns!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
goodlandhiexpress, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are happy to hear you liked your room and our parking We apologize for your check in process and thank you so much for your patience. Our breakfast is one of the best and glad you agree. You just can't beat our cinnamon rolls!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Had to stop for the night in a tiny little college town called Goodland in Kansas, I took an executive suit so I could soak in the hot tub in my room, not to fond of sharing one with others at the pool, So any way after my soak I will jump in the shower after to wash away any chlorine or sweat accumulated while soaking and the first thing I notice about a Major amounts of all hotels are the crappy shower heads! Why?? They never spray in a straight line, the massage stages never work and half of the holes are plugged up! Do the maintenance people ever check this stuff? My wife and I stayed in a bed and breakfast one time and the first night the shower head was so bad that i got out of the shower and drove straight to a home depot and bought a $6.00 shower head and had a perfect shower! It was so much more enjoyable! and I didn't even ask for it to be taken off the bill. To easy to turn on the shower and check it! Change the darn heads once a year or every 6 months! they are cheap! But the rest of the room was excellent, comfy bed, relaxing couch, good coffee in the morning but please!! Do something with those lousy shower heads! Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back away from the truck stop across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
goodlandhiexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay with us. While I wish, you had a better experience with your shower, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Our hotel works hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and I am sorry that with your stay, we fell short. We do provide the brand standard shower head. We will make sure that it is working properly.
On a positive note, thank you for acknowledging that the rest of your room was excellent, that your bed was comfy and the couch relaxing.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.