All reviewshot tubwestern kansasbreakfast areanice hotelfront desk staffhi expressthe staff was extremely friendlynewer hotelcomfortable bedswater pressureindoor poolgreat stopsteak and shaketop floorother hotelsgreat place to staywe've stayed
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Clean, comfortable room with all the basics. There is a small shop in the lobby selling soft drinks, frozen meals and chips and candy.
Good coffee in the AM with breakfast.

The only problem we had was with the TV -it was stuck on one channel amd we arrived too late at night to be able to fix it.
Yes, I would recommend this hotel for a short stay while driving on I-70.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Just short of the western border of Kansas on I70. Good parking, pleasant room. Check in was a little slow due to computer issues. Receptionist kept a good sense of humor throughout.

Of all the hotels in this price range this brand has the best breakfast. Fo no miss out on the cinnamon buns!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
goodlandhiexpress, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are happy to hear you liked your room and our parking We apologize for your check in process and thank you so much for your patience. Our breakfast is one of the best and glad you agree. You just can't beat our cinnamon rolls!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Had to stop for the night in a tiny little college town called Goodland in Kansas, I took an executive suit so I could soak in the hot tub in my room, not to fond of sharing one with others at the pool, So any way after my soak I will jump in the shower after to wash away any chlorine or sweat accumulated while soaking and the first thing I notice about a Major amounts of all hotels are the crappy shower heads! Why?? They never spray in a straight line, the massage stages never work and half of the holes are plugged up! Do the maintenance people ever check this stuff? My wife and I stayed in a bed and breakfast one time and the first night the shower head was so bad that i got out of the shower and drove straight to a home depot and bought a $6.00 shower head and had a perfect shower! It was so much more enjoyable! and I didn't even ask for it to be taken off the bill. To easy to turn on the shower and check it! Change the darn heads once a year or every 6 months! they are cheap! But the rest of the room was excellent, comfy bed, relaxing couch, good coffee in the morning but please!! Do something with those lousy shower heads! Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back away from the truck stop across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
goodlandhiexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay with us. While I wish, you had a better experience with your shower, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Our hotel works hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and I am sorry that with your stay, we fell short. We do provide the brand standard shower head. We will make sure that it is working properly.
On a positive note, thank you for acknowledging that the rest of your room was excellent, that your bed was comfy and the couch relaxing.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. We stayed one night. The rooms were clean and met expectations. The morning breakfast had a nice selection. I can't speak to any of the amenities, but for us it fit the bill. From what I hear from others, its the nicest place in Goodland.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
goodlandhiexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Michelle,
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Goodland. We so appreciate your comments about our clean hotel, our friendly staff and our breakfast. Thank you so very much for taking time to post a review and we hope you will visit us again next time you are in Goodland!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We arrived fairly late on a Wednesday evening and were offered the "last room", which was a suite. The only thing "suite" about it was that it was 2 rooms. However, the main living space/room, did not have any windows, so it was more like a cave. Dim lighting, which made it seem dirty/old. It did have a large mini kitchen area but it seemed out of place and of little use. It's my own fault, I should have booked a room ahead of time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Deanna S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize for falling below your expectations regarding our window availability, rates and lighting condition in your room. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to check areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for evaluation. We value you as our guest and hope to accommodate you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Zelyn N