See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2016

If I had to pick which food was my favorite, I would not be able to pick. Everything that was served to us was truly amazing. Everything is homemade and made with the pure joy of cooking. If I could eat there every day that they are open, I would. However, I would way a ton though. These are two of the nicest people you will ever meet and they take great pride in what they do. It is truly, a little piece of heaven.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a "getaway" in the south east corner of Kansas. Smittle House was a delightful surprise even though we had 'done our homework' and read good reviews about this B&B. It was just perfect. John and Ina are perfect hosts and are very proud of their beautiful home......rightly so.....the Jones Room that we stayed in was really comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was excellent too........a great finish to a wonderful stay.

Room tip: We stayed in the Jones Room. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had everything one needed.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 32Aussie
Reviewed 27 June 2014

John and Ina are the very best of hosts, from giving a tour of their wonderful home (including a tree house and castle) to their excellent breakfasts, their conversation, and of course the accommodation. It could not be better.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 748trevorh
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I visited November 10, 2013. We stayed in the Jones Room. It was superb! The outside of the house doesn't even hint to the grandeur inside. Woodwork in house is full of eye-catching detail. The decor and furnishings are full of stories. The grounds was very interesting even though it brown with winter instead of green with summer. There's a tree house on the grounds to be rented out for a different adventure. John Smittle is also working on finishing a 3 story rock castle. Unique place and superb food.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Wonderful, warm, and inviting. The house is beautiful, the food is to die for, and the Hosts are amazingly friendly and helpful. Also be sure to check out their formal dinners. I did not get a chance to try it, but guests arrived for dinner while I was there, and I really wish I had. I will be coming back as soon as possible.

Date of stay: May 2013