“Disappointed”

El Potro Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As with another reviewer, we tried this spot for the first time after years of seeing a full parking lot. I agree, lots of food is served. Unfortunately, it was bland ... no bite to the salsa, the queso, the rice, the beans, nothing. Just lots of food ... this place is crossed off our list.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

After seeing this restaurant's parking lot filled to the gills on any night of the week, I finally gave it a go. The chips and queso were excellent. I was eating light, so that was all I had that night.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Very friendly servers - quick to serve you. Tea / water glasses were always kept full as were the salsa bowls! Salsa was tasty and the food was great as well!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I got the 3 tacos basket ate those and ordered 3 more, a table next to us got tacos also I seen them talking to the server and taking their back I got my next 3 and took one bit and could tell something was not right I looked and the meat was still PINK way way under cooked, i threw it down and the server seen it split open on my plate when i threw it as he was delivering the next table refire, I told them i did not want more tacos they offered me anything else on the menu but I refused asked for check and left, they didn't the time to take the tacos off I wanted out of there QUICK before I got more mad.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We ate lunch at this restaurant during our stay in Bonner Springs, KS. The food is fantastic!!! I will be back even though I live in KC MO.