“Clean, comfortable, and friendly”
Review of Valley West Inn

Valley West Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Wichita, Kansas
“Clean, comfortable, and friendly”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My daughter and I booked in advance a room with 2 queen beds for a one-night stay while on our way to Chicago. We found out the State Fair was starting the day we would arrive, so no AAA or AARP discounts would be available. Though the room cost a bit more than we wanted, it was very clean and comfortable with everything in good condition. We appreciated the little fridge and the microwave, the WiFi with password protection, and also having 2 sinks, one in and one out of the bathroom. The pool was not heated, but still it was open in the evening and good for some water exercise. We would NOT recommend the restaurant adjoining the motel. We had to wait a long time while they cooked more pasta for our order, and then we could hardly see or taste the tiny pieces of chicken & vegtables in the pasta dish we ordered. It was way overpriced for what we got. We were not bothered by any noise and did have a very good night's rest . Desk staff very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have utilized this facility several times over the past two years.
The staff is always very courteous and quite accomodating.
I have recommended this facility to family and colleagues alike.
First class service along with very competitive rates...great for my travel needs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ghayles
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The website indicates the hotel has an on site bar, which is not true, the bar has been closed for some time. Our bathroom was dirty with feces on the toilet seat. The area is very dark and all the door indicate they will be locked for "guest saftey" at 11pm, however we also found out that is not true, they do not lock any of the doors ever! The hotel offered no guides for local food, or the television, we had a HBO program guide, however when we called to ask what channel it was on we were told " Some rooms have HBO some rooms don't". Overall we were very unhappy with the service and attitudes of the staff. I would not recommed it at all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Mound, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I travel constantly and have always found DesMoines to be a bit overpriced for the lodging options offered. This week, I discovered the State Fair was happening and looking on the Internet showed prices has doubled when a room was even available. I called this hotel since I have stayed here previously and they accomodated me at the standard rate. Excellent and thanks.. hence, I am taking time to do a review. The rooms are excellent but ignore the hallways and entry ways as they are in need of spruceup and repair. Sorry... no breakfast bar or papers in the am but I guess the price offsets those additions. WiFi is fine and location is great! Fridge and Microwave and Flatscreen TV in my room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Harpbreaker
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed at Valley West Inn Last month for 3 weeks due to a business convention, very pleased with service, location and how clean room/hotel were. Affordable for my business needs, will be sending my employees back in the Winter for next convention.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh M
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
1.0 km away
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#19 of 22 in West Des Moines
4.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moine...
#1 of 22 in West Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#10 of 49 in Des Moines
5.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites West Des Moines/SW Mall Area
Hampton Inn & Suites West Des Mo...
#3 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Valley West Inn? Share your experiences!