“another birthday trip”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I still think this is a great place for seafood, but I was a bit disappointed this year. It used to be my go-to place in Des Moines for lobster (the local Red Lobster serves lobster by Good Year!), but this year's entry was a little over cooked. the tail was not rubbery, but chewier than I prefer -- tasted good, tho'. The chowder was good, the waitress friendly but a tad scattered, and the general ambience, as always,

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Not the review I’d hoped I’d be writing. Their menu is very extensive; maybe too much so. I would have expected my meal of sautéed prawns to be simple enough for a restaurant that specializes in seafood. Instead it was bland, over cooked, and served at room temperature. My wife’s Mahi Mahi special was also disappointing. Top that off with slow, somewhat indifferent service, and I think it will probably be my last visit. If not for a very nice sushi roll, probably would have rated even less. At $30 per entree, I expect more.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I went with friends for lunch and ordered the salmon cake sandwich on sourdough with fries. Both were very good. The service was excellent. I've been there many times over the years and it's my go-to place in Des Moines for seafood.

Oh, and from past experiences...they have great sushi, too.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Went here with my brother and his wife. The Food was excellent. I had the grouper and my wift the trout. New England Clam chowder was amazing the the homemade Sour dough bread is the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Waterfront has been in business since 1984, in the hands of the same family the whole time. They pride themselves on bringing the freshest possible seafood to land-locked Iowa. Their standard menu is always good, but it's the daily specials where the kitchen shows off their skills. This trip I had a beautiful piece of mahi mahi, perfectly pan-fried, atop gnochi with jullienned vegetables in a delicious cream sauce. Prices are fair for the quality of the product and the service.

1  Thank promopower