All reviews front desk large pond hy vee grocery store des moines waffles social hour light dinner minute drive to downtown large breakfast buffet queen bedroom suite dog show gas fireplace evening reception the hotel offers stay there again free breakfast nice suite
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Clean, well maintained hotel that would be suitable for any long or short stay. The room was updated, the hotel quiet and in a safe, easy to find location. The hotel itself is just a very short drive to retail and restaurant options and has a small pond on the property complete with a paved walking path and benches for those travelling with dogs or those just wanting a quiet walk. The 24 hour pool was great! Highly recommend it and would stay again based on my experience!

Room tip: Higher floor overlooking pond
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jessica J, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear Croclee,

Thank you for the perfect rating, as well as the recommendation to others. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

We overnighted here and got a King, Studio. Great room, pretty much a full kitchen and separate sleeping area. Room was clean and efficient. A thing to remember at Staybridge, if you need ice turn on the ice maker in your fridge freezer right away. They don't have ice machines. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Its located just of I80 at exit 121. In a sort of professional and medical area. There is a little lake behind the hotel. Actually quite a nice area and quiet.

We needed to do some laundry and they had complimentary washers and driers. You just have to provide your own laundry products. They have them available for purchase.
There were 4 washers and driers so it didn't matter that a couple were already in use.

Monday to Wednesdays they have a manager social where they serve some kind of food and have soft drinks, beer and wine. All complimentary. It was hamburgers and hot dogs and Cobb salad the night we were there.

Not much for restaurants within walking distance but there are lots of picks up on University Drive about a mile away.

Would stay here again and recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom H

Dear Tom H,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay, and thank you for the perfect rating. I'm glad you were able to enjoy one of the last grill nights of the season. We are conveniently located to many restaurant options & shopping, as well as easy freeway access. We hope you'll be able to stay longer next time to enjoy more of our Socials.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

I visited my daughter here who is staying here for a few weeks on business. Place is nice, her room was large with a full kitchen.
Breakfast was good and complementary. Several days a week they have a two hour happy hour with free tap beer and wine. They also have a large grill outside you can use next to a scenic pond and sitting area. My daughter says there is running trails nearby. Only downside is that there is nothing within walking distance but a small pub.
We used uber exclusively and to get downtown (which has tons of bars and restaurants) costs eleven bucks. Has a indoor pool and hot tub.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear redwhiskeypete,

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us while visiting your daughter. The Social with the beer & wine are a nice way to end a long day. The BBQ area near the pond is a nice, relaxing area as well - it's fun to sit & watch the Geese! We are within 5 minutes of several restaurant options, as well as shopping. Many of our guests use Uber when staying with us also.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Clean quiet and comfortable are all I can say. The breakfast in the morning is well planned and delicious. There is an indoor pool and spa as well as a great fitness room. The free guest laundry is always a great perk. I love having a kitchen to cook my own meals. Although they do have a guest social on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with food beer and wine. My only complaint is that the WiFi can be spotty. Overall a great place to stay in Des Moines.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Scott L,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast & Social during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I sure thought it was pretty nice. Near the freeway but couldn't hear the traffic. Staff seemed friendly, place was clean. Rooms slightly larger than typical motel, but seemed bigger and with nearly full kitchen and bathroom as a buffer to the hallway I couldn't hear any sounds from other guests. And it seemed like it was almost fully booked the night I was there. In addition the free breakfast seemed higher quality than many hotels idea of free breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank chuck29355

Dear chuck29355,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay & didn't have any noise issues as a result of location. Our rooms are larger than a typical hotel room, giving you plenty of room to relax. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your wonderful breakfast. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the Des Moines area.