Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waverly
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We checked in, desk clerk was very pleasant. When we got to our room it was a very big room, it was the conference room. the bed was only about 1-2 feet off the floor as it was a wall bed, The room smelled and the carpet was sticky. (even our dog rolled on the floor-we had to give him a bath at the next hotel we stayed at)I went to the clerk and she was very nice and offered to change our room, to 2 doubles (instead of the king we needed) She gave me some spray for the room, it helped. The only lights in the room were the very bright conference lights in the ceiling. you could not see the 32" tv from bed (tv was 25-30 feet away) you could not read in bed as the only lights were the very bright overhead conference room lights. there was no table beside the bed with a lamp. the clock was tucked away in a built in wall shelf and you could not see the clock. The phone and only lamp in the room were in the far corner--appx 25-30 feet from bed. The picture on the web site was nothing like the room we received. (no table, no end tables, no lamp. I could go on, Again, the room in the picture was NOTHING like the room we received. However, the staff was friendly and pleasant. It is also the first hotel I have stayed at that ever charged a tax on pet.

Room Tip: pet friendly room stinks and sticky carpet
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherry321
Responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have been created with website information.
Online, the description of this room type does say "Wallbed". Some of the information is hard coded by website developers that we have no control over. We have installed new carpet in the entire hotel a couple of months ago. We did offer to change the room for you. All other amenities are there in the room with franchise requirements. Pictures are loaded by the franchise photo department and we have notified them of your concerns. We have also notified the proper department about the tax on pet so they are working on that as well.
We are happy to hear from you so we can improve the information for more clarity.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Recently I had struggled with a broken hip and was traveling to Waverly. I decided to stay at the Comfort Inn because it was right off the exit. They just built in a new elevator which was great but because my wife and I were traveling alone, we weren't able to grab all the bags. The front desk, Michelle, helped put our bags on the trolley and get us into the elevator. I really appreciated that small gesture. Then in the morning we were running a bit late to breakfast, and the desk was able to let us in and help us out. This was exceptional service provided by the staff at this hotel. One of the best places we have stayed at in a long time.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

It makes me a proud manager to hear how my staff went above and beyond to help you during your stay! I'm sorry to hear about your hip, I hope you are healing well! I hope to see you again should you find yourself in Waverly in the future!

Reviewed 8 January 2016

I was in Waverly for a college visit to Wartburg. The Comfort Inn was located in a great area-close to Walmart and Applebee's. It was easy to get to the college and downtown. The room was a nice size for the night and my son and I enjoyed some quality time together. We just stayed in the room, but I did look at the pool-very clean and neat. The breakfast was fulfilling as well.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

I am so pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable! We strive to make our property comfortable and welcoming for our guests, and it sounds like we achieved that for you! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

The pool is very nice and the rooms are very clean. Service is very good as well and the applebees and Walmart are a nice close walk away. We enjoyed our stay. We were there when a handicapped child was there and the mechanism next to the pool helped them to be able to swim just like all the other children

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again should you find yourself in Waverly!

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Rooms were clean, staff was nice, "hot breakfast" includes scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles. They have other normal continental breakfast items. Convenient locatio. Right next to an Applebee's and walmart for food and forgotten items. We stayed for the weekend and had a nice stay

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to be your choice again should you find yourself in town in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
2.9 km away
Super 8 Cedar Falls
#4 of 14 in Cedar Falls
31.3 km away
Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!