“Homey Place to Stay”

Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waukon
Reviewed 25 June 2014

If we had to stay away from home, it was as close as we could get from our own digs. Staff is helpful and cheery and made our stay feel as though we were part of the family. Definitely *not* institutionalized as so many hotels are these days. We enjoyed the sofa in our suite and made use of the refrigerator and microwave to make our 'movie night' special.

Room Tip: for an upscale experience, try the whirlpool/fireplace rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The rooms are clean and very reasonably priced. That is kind of nice these days. I felt safe and the rooms are clean. I really like the atmosphere as it has a woodsy, outdoors feel to the place. The hotel is in a good place as it was easy to get to. We liked our stay.

Room Tip: I don't have a preference as to room placement I guess.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Diane, We are so very pleased you discovered us and that you we’re pleased by our hotel and staff. We thank you and hope you will seek us out again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nice and quiet and tastefully decorated the hotel was. It was very clean; the beds were comfortable; the bathroom was very tidy we had a whirlpool suite the shower in the bathroom was very dark could use a light closer to it The staff was very friendly and helpful they recommended the Old Rossville Store for dinner It was That wads great food We definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here passing through for work. The front desk clerk, was very friendly and helpful. The computers were down, she made small talk so the wait wasn't awkward. I learned she had two daughters the same age as mine. It was nice that our conversation didn't seems like a bother to her at all. My stay was comfortable. Breakfast was decent but missing a hot protein. The decor was nice, like every other Stoney Creek I've stayed in very hunter friendly (always a plus with me). The beds were comfortable, although I stay in La Crosse, WI often so I was expecting them to have the same mattresses. Unfortunately they do not. That would be the only change I would make.

I've made reservations to bring my family up this summer to enjoy some of the lovely hiking trails they have near by.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were surprised by how nice, quaint, and tastefully decorated the hotel was. It was very clean; the beds were comfortable; the bathroom was very tidy (shower curtain rocked). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even the teddy bear! We definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukon
26.6 km away
Country Inn By Carlson, Decorah
35.8 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
34.5 km away
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien
30.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon? Share your experiences!